Another cheap lappie if you like rebates

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?ref=performics&product_code=319123&pfp=hpf1

Compaq celeron m 1.3GHz, 40GB drive, 256MB ram expandable to 1GB, build in wireless G, 15" screen, dvd/cd-rw combo drive.

$499 after two rebates, one to compaq and one to compusa.

Compusa rebates used to be the worst; they just had their pants sued off by some state AG's, and what I've heard since then is that they're pretty good about them.

The old dell t1000 small business deal has also been sweetened this week with a bump from 30gb to 40gb and a jump to a 15" screen. Still $499.

thanks for posting best of best deals.

no trackpoint so I'm still out, but this should run cooler& maybe quieter than the $499(no rebate) Inspiron 1000.

I wouldnt necessarily count on that...but its possible. Dells are pretty quiet in my experience, compaq/hps are pretty loud. I checked the therms on full speed operating celeron M's in the 1.3-1.5 range and mobile celerons in the 2.2-2.4 range...the celeron M's were a little cooler. At idle and normal operating speed theres no perceivable difference.

Noise is going to be a function of the quality of the processor fan, where and how it intakes and exhausts, and how often the fan cycles.

This is a better unit than the dell if you dont mind the rebate business. I've had great luck with all the ones I've ever submitted but am not enjoying a recent Seagate rebate submission that they've had for 2 months and still havent acknowledged.

Cheap extra chunk of memory...make sure its fully compatible first but it should be

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=306229

I'm not super fond of centon, but I have a stick of it in my old HP laptop and its been chugging along for a couple of years just fine.

For 25 bucks after rebates for a 256MB stick, I guess you can throw it out if it goes south on you. Newegg has ram a little cheaper, but you might just want to order this on top of the laptop purchase.

Back
Top Bottom