Mixed bag?

Mr._johngalt

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A real mixed bag this past week. Our internet provider went down, followed by a phone line failure. I still can't send e-mail
but the spam is flowing in :). My annual fishing tournament was
on Saturday and I wanted to cut the grass. I just got the mower out of the shop. Wouldn't start, so..........it is back in the shop now, and the grass is 15 inches high. The fishing was lousy. I have some
shoulder problems and a friend was telling me about his surgery and recovery. I think I will tough it out, at least until Medicare.
The capper was that I just found out my condo tenant hasn't paid
his rent and my realtor can't locate him. Yeah, being a landlord
is not for the faint of heart.

But, there was good news also. The weather for fishing was good
and I won some cash at the post fishing poker game. A good group, fine food and drink. Everyone had a good time in spite of the poor fishing. I also met my brother (don't see him much)
for lunch and that went very well.

Things could always be worse.

JG

No way I wanna be a landlord. Not worth the headaches, IMHO. I use Vanguard's REIT index for my real estate endeavors. So far, haven't had to evict anyone!

I did the landlord thing 3-4 times.

If I hadn't, I could have retired a year or so earlier. :dead:

I do the REIT index as well. Good for me only lately as I got in only a bit lower than today's price.

Landlording is like any other biz. Rent is not guaranteed. I might rent out our townhouse-by-the-sea. Not looking forward to it. I'll have to develop a thick skin to scratches and dents.

BUM :(

Back
Top Bottom