Best Places to Live Redux

Eagle43

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Here's another list of best places to live. Can't believe that Moorestown, NJ is in first place and Texas has to wait until the 40th spot... below New Jersey :confused: Moorestown has a temp of 23 in January. It can't be the best for that fact, alone. C'mon, was this list put out by Tony Soprano? Listed 100 locations ,the last being Clemmons, NC.

http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/top100_1.html

I looked at this list and laughed. I live next to Vienna, VA and I cannot imagine how it could be #4. I have lived in several areas of the US and Vienna would probably find its way onto my 100 worst places to live. The only good thing would be if you bought a house several years ago and now are sitting on a lot of money.

Given the right selection critera, Fargo ND could probably make number 1.

Re New Jersey, if, as I think from driving through, it's anything like New York,

you mentioned the January temperature.....

I just heard something wonderful on the radio (hard to translate here) and agreed.

Go out in a clearing in the woods in the middle of January at midnight, temperature at or just below zero, a wind blowing, and look at the stars. Just look at the stars.

Personally, I don't really like summer, but winter I love.

Of course, I doubt that's what they had in mind when they picked New Jersey.

I agree with Wompo. Vienna, VA on that list is a huge joke. We just moved away from that area 6 months ago and are never looking back. Sure we made lots on our house there but we were also paying LOTS AND LOTS of real estate taxes. The traffic there is beyond terrible plus no one around there speaks English.

rsboone said:
The traffic there is beyond terrible plus no one around there speaks English.
The state of Hawaii officially recognizes 267 languages spoken here.

I heard that from a paramedic (who feels more like a veterinarian since her patients frequently can't communicate with her) and I've been trying to find the list ever since...

I have to admit that I don't miss the People's Democratic Republics of Maryland or Virginia one bit.

It all reminds me of 'The Perfect Retirement Spot.' I posted on the old forum.

Turns out - there isn't one that fits every ER - different strokes for different folks.

I've come to the conclusion you could put a FIRE type anywhere(NYC:confused:) and they would find creative ways to work the problem as it exists locally.

Back
Top Bottom