Retirement Luncheon

Ginger

Recycles dryer sheets
Today was my DH's retirement luncheon/farewell/party/cake day. He seemed very touched by all the attention and gifts, cards, etc. The powers that be were all there and everyone had kind words. This is the end of his working career. Going to be an adventure and a journey!!!

Okay, it is official. DH is retired! Seems like we have been in the planning stage for the last two years. Just called home and DH sounded so happy and stated it feels like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders. We are headed out to dinner when I get home. Going to be a whole new life experience.
JG - we enjoy your notes and messages and have truly took to heart the message "life is short." My turn is around the corner now for ER!!

Ginger--May I also offer my congratulations to your DH. I am so very much anticipating the day I can turn in my keys and walk away. However, I'm not much on celebrations and goodbyes. I just want to slip out quietly with no fanfare and no obligatory rubber chicken to go along with the insulting "roasts" and jokes.

JG--I, too, share your belief that life is short. After bouts of kidney stones and developing high blood pressure and diabetes, I see that writing on the wall. I want out while I can still enjoy life.

Professor said:
I just want to slip out quietly with no fanfare and no obligatory rubber chicken to go along with the insulting "roasts" and jokes. 

JG--I, too, share your belief that life is short.  After bouts of kidney stones and developing high blood pressure and diabetes, I see that writing on the wall.  I want out while I can still enjoy life.

My previous ER was like that. I had no party, no fanfare, no long goodbyes. Despite my wishes, my people got me a cake and we had a mini-party in the area right before I walked out the door for good.

Life is short! Damn straight it is. My DW worked for 34 years; retired, and died 7 months later. Don't wait too long!

I just want my DH to adjust being home, do some projects that need to get done, and then I will probably step jump into ER. We both experienced so much loss of family/friends over the past few years -- that my ER can't be put off too much longer.

Best wishes for your DH's retirement and your's to follow. I've got between 1 and 3 years to do; can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom