FORD To Boost Ethanol Awareness

SteveR said:
I'll drink to that!

A couple times now I have dealt with ethanol plants going out of business. I had no end of grief working on closing up the plants and then subsequently selling the plants and ethanol on site on behalf of the lender. You have to keep the ATF people happy. Or pay one big tax; which is equal to more than the value of the ethanol on site. The government gets major worried that the ethanol will be used for beverages rather than fuel.

Working in Pharmaceuticals involves being audited by several Fed., state and international regulatory agencies. I have to assure compliance with FDA, DEA, ATF, ISO, MHRA, JP, USP, EP, EPA, etc. It makes for a revealing view of the ineffeciency of government agencies and the incredable waste of money they create for businesses.

Got Ethanol? :D,
It not just for beverages anymore. ;)

SteveR said:
Working in Pharmaceuticals involves being audited by several Fed., state and international regulatory agencies.  I have to assure compliance with FDA, DEA, ATF, ISO, MHRA, JP, USP, EP, EPA, etc.  It makes for a revealing view of the ineffeciency of government agencies and the incredable waste of money they create for businesses. 

Got Ethanol?  :D,
It not just for beverages anymore.  ;)
Geez, I don't even know half of those acronyms--
ISO?
MHRA?
JP?
USP?
EP?

Nords said:
Geez, I don't even know half of those acronyms--
ISO?
MHRA?
JP?
USP?
EP?

Let me give a shot and Steve can tell me how wrong or right I am:

ISO: International Standards Organization, ala ISO 9000
MHRA: Medicine and healthcare products regulatory agency
USP: United States Pharmacopoeia
EP: European Pharmacopoeia
JP: Japan Pharacopeoeia (pure guess on this one)

Martha........you get 100% and a Big Gold Star.  :D

There are others but those are the biggies I deal with everyday. 

SteveR said:
Martha........you get 100% and a Big Gold Star.  :D

There are others but those are the biggies I deal with everyday. 
My life is richer just knowing that there are worse things than the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Naval Reactors, and the Nuclear Propulsion Examining Board!

Nords said:
My life is richer just knowing that there are worse things than the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Naval Reactors, and the Nuclear Propulsion Examining Board!
Nords,
My brother deals on a daily basis with NRC and a variety of other agencies of similar nature. He works where they make weapons grade enriched Uranium and a variety of other nice "toys" that you and your fast-attack boats use to keep the world safe for democracy. We swap horror stories about gov. regulations, enforcement and the folly of the whole system. The major difference between our two companies is that mine has to show a nice profit every year and can't hide behind "National Security" for actual performance of the business. That goes for the Feds. too. It is much harder to make a Federal Case against a military-industrial complex that is deemed vital for the National security of the country than it is against a small "me-too" drug company.

So, yes you can rest easy that there are worse things than the NRC, Naval reactors and the NPEB. But, I guess it is all relative.

Back
Top Bottom