NEUBERGER BERMAN GENESIS TRUST

cube_rat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone hear of this fund?  My 401k is doing so well this year, that I re-aligned my elections from 24% to 40% into this fund.  Wow, I can see 100K in my 401k on the horizon...

From Yahoo:

PERFORMANCE & RISK 30-Nov-05

YTD Return: 15.77%
5y Avg Return: 16.74%
Rank in Category (ytd): 22
% Rank in Category (ytd): 3.91%
Beta (3y): 0.86
Morningstar Risk Rating: Low

Not a bad active fund. A little style drift from the small caps getting bigger - now its closing in on the mid cap area. Assets are piling in which is always a concern for funds, especially in the small cap funds. Heavy bets on energy and health care have paid off thus far. 40% on small-mid seems like a lot, do you have allocation into other areas? You may have an aggressive approach and can handle it.

Here's what I have currently:

RVS NEW DIMENSIONS FUND (CLASS Y)
NBGEX NEUBERGER BERMAN GENESIS TRUST
FFFDX FIDELITY FREEDOM 2020 FUND
PTRAX PIMCO TOTAL RETURN FUND (ADMIN)
RVST INCOME FUND II

I'm 43, so I can't be too aggressive :p

Thanks

My wife has had a position in it in her 401k for about 5 years. I think the active managers (and my wife) got lucky. That or she is a fund picking genius.

cube_rat said:
Anyone hear of this fund?  My 401k is doing so well this year, that I re-aligned my elections from 24% to 40% into this fund.  Wow, I can see 100K in my 401k on the horizon...
You may get another 12-18 months out of this before fund bloat kills it. If the managers don't close the fund within the next six months then it's time to consider leaving.

How does FundAlarm rate its performance against its benchmark?

Nords said:
You may get another 12-18 months out of this before fund bloat kills it.  If the managers don't close the fund within the next six months then it's time to consider leaving.

How does FundAlarm rate its performance against its benchmark? 

Excellent point, Nords. I'll keep a watchful eye on this puppy and re-align when I see performance de-accelerate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom