Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Other topics (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/)
-   -   Merry Christmas! Share some photos? (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/merry-christmas-share-some-photos-18949.html)

laurence 12-25-2005 10:04 AM

Merry Christmas! Share some photos?

Merry Christmas to everyone here at my virtual home away from home. It's been quite a year for my family, mostly very good! :)

For Christmas DW, daughter and I exchanged some useful presents ( I actually got underwear-too funny). My favorite present under the tree was "Darth Tader", the Mr. Potato Head Darth Vader, totally awesome! I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and New Years (and Hannukah where applicable!). I'd love to see some photos of holiday fun, here is one that shows me what I'm most greatful for: it's my daughter roughhousing with her youngest uncle, when she was born, we could only hope she'd get this far:

http://www.early-retirement.org/atta...1aed8c53c5.jpg

cute fuzzy bunny 12-25-2005 10:21 AM

Re: Merry Christmas! Share some photos?

1 Attachment(s)
Waaaaah! I wannna darth tater!

Photos...do I haaaave to?

Gabe in his christmas outfit in his recliner.

cute fuzzy bunny 12-25-2005 10:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And gabe with santa...yes, I edited the smiley face on to make our christmas card photo. For some reason he wasnt happy at all about being held by a huge fat old man in a red suit...

Nords 12-25-2005 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ()
Gabe in his christmas outfit in his recliner.

Heyyyyy.. waitaminnit... didn't that chair used to be on the set of "Blue's Clues"?

laurence 12-25-2005 10:34 AM

Awesome pics, and good idea! We didn't even try a Santa Pic because Tori freaks out when any adult besides DW and I hold her! Darth Tater rules, I'm taking it to work to grace my cube. The silver lining for you is you don't dwell in a cube! ;)

cute fuzzy bunny 12-25-2005 10:38 AM

Chair was a costco special. He loves it, although it gets climbed on and knocked over a lot more than sat in.

The photo update made me wish dearly for a copy of photoshop, but i'm too cheap. I used Paint to cut his face from the happy pic with the mouse (making me wish for a touchscreen or touchpad), resized it, used the microsoft photo editor to touch up the skin tone, then paint to resize it and slip it over mr. unhappy face.

I still wanna darth tater! MOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!

Helen 12-25-2005 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurence
We didn't even try a Santa Pic because Tori freaks out when any adult besides DW and I hold her!*

Hopefully she'll stay that way until she's at least 30.

Dreamer 12-25-2005 06:38 PM

Thanks for the pics guys! Small children really make the holidays and we don't have any small children in our area anymore. Always makes me wonder if I will ever get to be a grandma. I hope that it happens when the time is right!

Dreamer

AltaRed 12-25-2005 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamer
Thanks for the pics guys!* Small children really make the holidays and we don't have any small children in our area anymore.* Always makes me wonder if I will ever get to be a grandma.* I hope that it happens when the time is right!

Dreamer

DW and I are not holding our breath with 2 adult (and single) children 30 yrs old now.

Martha 12-26-2005 07:07 AM

Neice and grandneice, home from the hospital where grandneice has been awaiting a liver and intestine transplant:

http://www.early-retirement.org/atta...5cac72bf92.jpg

Dawg52 12-26-2005 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martha
Neice and grandneice, home* from the hospital where grandneice has been awaiting a liver and intestine transplant:*

Nice pic Martha. I wish them the best of luck!

KB 12-26-2005 08:53 AM

Great pictures everyone, thanks for sharing.

Martha, I hope the transplant is done soon. Poor baby.
Laurence, Tori has beautiful hair.
TH...can't believe how much Gabe has grown.

Nords 12-26-2005 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The wireless headphones were a hit... so were the extra copies of the Harry Potter books that she's only read about a thousand times.

JWV 12-26-2005 03:54 PM

Why is there no food on that rabbit's head? >:(

judy

BUM 12-26-2005 04:26 PM

Bunny abuse!

KB 12-26-2005 06:53 PM

Cute bunny.

Does he chew things that he shouldn't?

REWahoo 12-26-2005 07:11 PM

Nords, amazing family resemblance between you and your daughter. Must be the hare hair. :)

sailor 12-27-2005 08:35 AM

Little sailor mauling the tree:
[img width=750 height=562]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/ssailor/IMG_2296.jpg[/img]

Martha 12-27-2005 09:08 AM

Man, Sailor, your house sure is clean and neat.

cute fuzzy bunny 12-27-2005 09:58 AM

Theres some alien influence going on here. Sailor must not have pets. We have 3 dogs, 3 cats and a baby. My house looks like it just took a direct hit from a dirt bomb.

I'll see what I can do about that poor rabbit later on when I get back home from the dr's office. No bunny should have to go about without a potential meal on its head.