Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Other topics (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/)
-   -   Zak Noyle surf photo of Rob Machado's 10 score (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/zak-noyle-surf-photo-of-rob-machados-10-score-19629.html)

Nords 02-13-2006 01:58 PM

Zak Noyle surf photo of Rob Machado's 10 score

1 Attachment(s)
Ronin,

It's a small photo, but take a look at this link to last week's local paper. Rob Machado scored a 10 to win the Pipeline Pro.

I hope Zak was wearing a helmet and maybe carrying a spare air too...

ronin 02-14-2006 12:44 PM

Re: Zak Noyle surf photo of Rob Machado's 10 score

1 Attachment(s)
Nice picture Nords.* Here's one of a 0 score at the recent contest at Mavs.

ronin 02-14-2006 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bolsa Chica, my local spot, at sunset....

Nords 02-14-2006 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Excellent sunset!

That other JPEG reminds me of Flea Virostko's "Best Wipeout" award at a recent Eddie Aikau...

Outtahere 02-15-2006 06:38 AM

Those are just amazing pictures, I can't even imagine the wazzos one must have to take on a monster wave like that.

cute fuzzy bunny 02-15-2006 09:36 AM

We should have a caption contest for that eddie aikau shot. Maybe photoshop a shark in there under him with its mouth wide open.

Nords 02-15-2006 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outtahere
Those are just amazing pictures, I can't even imagine the wazzos one must have to take on a monster wave like that.

Luckily, it doesn't require brains or anything else that might be damaged by sustained oxygen deprivation...

4-6' is plenty for me and 10' is all I'll ever need.

ronin 02-15-2006 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is bolsa, 6' and perfect. We've had a fantastic winter. The 3 weeks of my winter break were sick. Starting with big Wed in late Dec and up to as late as this past Monday, I don't remember a better stretch.

hodadus 02-17-2006 04:14 PM

In my Navy days in Long Beach, I used to surf HB and HB Cliffs along with Trestles on the weekend camp trips to Pendleton.* Competed in the All-Military contest a few times in the mid 80's at Pendleton and had a blast every time.* Even got my last command at Naval Unit, Lowery AFB, CO to issue "no-cost" orders for me to attend one year.* In San Diego, I hung out at the different Sunset Cliff's breaks and OB pier.* Now I do nothing but dream about surfing,... the closest I get to it is on my snowboard.* Fun, but not the same.

-hodad

Marshac 02-17-2006 05:17 PM

Those waves are unreal. Living near Puget Sound, the largest waves I ever see are a few feet in height...

ronin 02-17-2006 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hodad
In my Navy days in Long Beach, I used to surf HB and HB Cliffs along with Trestles on the weekend camp trips to Pendleton.

Man, hodad, now you're really dredging up some memories! Pendleton in the 60's, running from the marines, throwing the boards over the fence and scrambling not to get caught. Those were some good old times. Now you need an agro attitude to surf trestle's.