Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   Other topics (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/)
-   -   How about this variation on monogamy? (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/how-about-this-variation-on-monogamy-19916.html)

cute fuzzy bunny 03-02-2006 10:53 AM

How about this variation on monogamy?

Your dream man/woman offers you the night (or afternoon) of your life. There will be no strings attached, nobody will every know other than you and the other person, and they absolutely will never tell. No chance of pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, or any means whatsoever that your partner will ever find out.

Completely and totally anonymous. The only thing you have to deal with is your own guilt.

Do you do it?

MasterBlaster 03-02-2006 12:05 PM

Re: How about this variation on monogamy?

The "R U a Hosebag" test...

If you find $10k in small bills in a bag in the parking lot of your grocery store. After you have tried and failed to find it's owner.

Do you report the money on your income taxes ?

lazygood4nothinbum 03-02-2006 12:12 PM

is this in (or out of) a relationship where the significant other's understanding is of being in an open or closed relationship? because i would expect, especially on this board, at least some respect for contracts.

in a world without karma, (in) nirvana, where the world is one, where there are no ramifications, where there is no duality, no i and it, just us, it would be nothing more than masterbation anyway. and if that causes guilt, seek professional help.

ps speaking of nirvana, could that 10 grand be considered tax-free gifting from samsara?

cute fuzzy bunny 03-02-2006 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterBlaster
If you find $10k in small bills in a bag in the parking lot of your grocery store. After you have tried and failed to find it's owner.

Do you report the money on your income taxes ?

Yes, because according to Cesarini v. U.S., 428 F.2d 812 (6th Cir. 1970), found money is taxable income. ;)

MasterBlaster 03-02-2006 12:30 PM

Well I'm glad to see that you comply with the law and are an ethical person

riskadverse 03-02-2006 12:47 PM

You said no ramifications and then you said I have to live with my own guilt.
My own guilt is ramifications of the highest order . . . but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay taxes on found cash. That I can live with!

BigMoneyJim 03-02-2006 01:02 PM

My sister and her husbands (one at a time) have "the list". 5 or 10 people who--if they knock on the door--they are allowed to sleep with. Famous attractive people, of course not "best friend" or such. I don't know if they're serious, but I doubt we'll ever find out.

Your poll left off people with no parter, you insensitive clod!

cute fuzzy bunny 03-02-2006 01:07 PM

Nope, the poll is simply would you cheat on your partner if you had a very attractive opportunity and other than your own guilt, no possible other implications!

You have to go git yourself a lady, then you can answer it.

I'll wait... ;)

cute fuzzy bunny 03-02-2006 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterBlaster
Well I'm glad to see that you comply with the law and are an ethical person

I simply fear the IRS a good deal.

Plus unless I spend all that money out of pocket, they might pick it up. And I never use cash, so I'd have all that money sitting around and I'd be worried it'd be stolen or the house would burn down. Easier to pay the tax, deposit the money, and get on with it :laugh:

MJ 03-02-2006 02:59 PM

Many years ago, when I was (and remain) single, I met a woman at a party. We quickly began an intimate relationalship. About 2 weeks later, I met another woman that I liked a lot better and we too got very involved (broadway play, coffee house, too late for her to go home, etc). I saw them both for about 2 weeks until the 1st woman called me at home while I was with the 2nd woman. Even though I had a noncommitted relationship, I felt soooo guilty, I decided to see 1st woman in person to tell her that I could no longer be with her. Even though, we only saw each other for about 4 weeks and no lying "I love you" passed between us, she was very distructively upset. She took rejection was poorly. I am glad, I called it off as soon as I did.

So you can image what guilt would do to me, if I did the "dirty" >:D deed behind my "imaginary" wife's back :smitten:.

Like they say, don't the crime, if you can't do the time. ;)

MJ

SteveR 03-02-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riskaverse
You said no ramifications and then you said I have to live with my own guilt.*
My own guilt is ramifications of the highest order . . . but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay taxes on found cash.* That I can live with!

Good one! I am in your camp on this one.

Nords 03-02-2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cute n' Fuzzy Bunny
I simply fear the IRS a good deal.

Plus unless I spend all that money out of pocket, they might pick it up.* And I never use cash, so I'd have all that money sitting around and I'd be worried it'd be stolen or the house would burn down.* Easier to pay the tax, deposit the money, and get on with it :laugh:

It's a lot easier to be totally honest-- even with the IRS-- when you're financially independent.

In my poor high-school/college/early working days I wouldn't have even slowed down as I snatched up the money. And I would've trickled it into my checking account at $25/week for as long as it took!

mathjak107 03-03-2006 03:01 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmm sleeping with 2 women if i could?
nahhhh no point disapointing 2 of them ha ha ha

Eagle43 03-03-2006 07:11 AM

As I recall, the saying was "A hard **** has no conscience."

cute fuzzy bunny 03-03-2006 08:32 AM

"...has no brains and no conscience"

For what its worth, I had such an opp just before I got married. Tempting, but not worth it

yakers 03-03-2006 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMoneyJim
My sister and her husbands (one at a time) have "the list". 5 or 10 people who--if they knock on the door--they are allowed to sleep with. Famous attractive people, of course not "best friend" or such. I don't know if they're serious, but I doubt we'll ever find out.

Neat, my wife says that if Dianna Rigg ever shows up at our doorsetp that I have permission for what follows....

haha 03-03-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakers
Neat,* my wife says that if Dianna Rigg ever shows up at our doorsetp that I have permission for what follows....

Call for emergency plastic surgery?