Love to Scuba, But You're Dead?

JPatrick

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Not a problem....
Check these folks out.
www.eternalreefs.com
For about 5K these guys will mix you up your ashes in cement forming a 400 pound reef which is tossed into the ocean.  It immediately becomes a low income housing project for unemployed fish.  Life span of you/your reef is 500 years.
OK, the more I read,  the more respect I'm gaining for the concept.  Kind of an end of life, start of life.
See you at the beach  :D

having family & friends in coast guard auxiliary, we did some, not funerals, but laying of memorial wreaths at sea. these consisted of a procession down the icw, out the inlet, then into v-formation out to sea where we'd stop for a radio service. these were always very moving.

i think the reef idea you shared sounds wonderful. there's something about a service or burial at sea. and it's good to give back when we can.

I like it as an idea for a final resting place. I'm not sure how I feel about diving a reef that's made of human remains..however homogenized. Just makes me a little queasy. :-\

I like the reef idea, but I'd want a couple sacks of concrete mix and a really interesting mold. For example Grumpy could have himself cast as his namesake!

Sheryl said:
I like it as an idea for a final resting place.   I'm not sure how I feel about diving a reef that's made of human remains..however homogenized.  Just makes me a little queasy.   :-\
Like all the surfers who've had their ashes scattered off Waikiki?

Come to think of it, that beach has been growing...

For about 5K these guys will mix you up your ashes in cement forming a 400 pound reef which is tossed into the ocean. It immediately becomes a low income housing project for unemployed fish.

I hope they build a bathroom in that thing for the fishes.

If it does become low income housing hopefully the local fish government will subsidize the 5k it cost have one made.

Back
Top Bottom