critical-illness insurance

ret101

Confused about dryer sheets
I will be retiring abroad in a country (not South America or Canada) with relatively inexpensive health insurance costs. But I know I will be getting sub standard care. I believe that US provides best health care but unfortunately staying in US is not possible. I looked into health insurance for people living overseas from Global Medical insurance http://www.buyinternationaltravel.com/international-travel-insurance.html#premiums. I really do not know anything about this company. I do not think they pay much when it comes to actually paying claims. To continue with Blue Cross in my state or any other state is not possible as regular health insurance requires state residency and I will be residing overseas. I do not like idea of getting insurance first and not complying with policy later. Insurance company will use every opportunity not to pay claims and simply refund premiums paid. So I am looking into critical illness policy from number of companies such as Aflac, Metlife, etc. This policy is different from cancer policy. It will include major illnesses and provide full payment if person is diagnosed with one of the defined illnesses. This policy has no deductibles, co-payments, etc. it DOES NOT require TO SUBMIT CLAIMS for medical care EXCEPT ORIGINAL CLAIM with diagnosis. Premiums are as follows: 150k benefit, 50 year female 1500 annually. 2500 for 55 year old male. Premiums never change. I would like to know if anybody holding such policy or what members think about it in my situation. Thank you

I can't answer your question, but there was a woman who posted here 2 years ago who moved to Argentina. She bought a policy that covered her anywhere in the world. The only restriction that I remember was that she could only spend 2 months out of any year in the USA. I forgot her screen name, but if you search on tango, Buenos Aires, or San Francisco you might find the reference.

Ha

Thank you. This is insurance I mentioned in my post. It is correct that it restricts residency in US to limited number of days. The only problem is I do not think this kind of insurance will pay much. I hope members that are not interested in living overseas will look into critical-illness insurance. Having health insurance in US does not preclude from having hundreds of thousands in out of pocket expenses. Sometime ago I read article that drug companies set up charitable organizations to help people to pay co pays so they can get expensive medicine. We all know that drug companies not about charity.

Back
Top Bottom