New Laptop

grumpy

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm sitting at my kitchen table posting this on my new (used) ibook with wireless web and superdrive (burns DVD's & CD's). Found it on Craigslist for $825. Got a router at Best Buy for $49. Now DW & I don't have to fight for computer time. In fact, she is in the other room on the desktop PC. It will take me a while to get used to the MAC OS but so far I really like it.

Grumpy

Just keep that machine away from your private parts if you want to have more kids, and keep a glass of water handy in case it catches fire...

Just kidding, as usual ;)

Or AM I?

CFB,

Thanks for the warning.

Grumpy

No problem.

Oh yeah, you might also want to wear sunglasses when you're using that machine...

:D

Cute 'n Fuzzy Bunny said:
Just keep that machine away from your private parts if you want to have more kids, and keep a glass of water handy in case it catches fire...

Don't you think you're being a bit alarmist?

I mean, he could just wear a lead apron around his nutsack.....

Cool Dood said:
Don't you think you're being a bit alarmist?

I mean, he could just wear a lead apron around his nutsack.....

Here's one. In the industry it's officially known as a "lead gonad shield".

Attachments

• Lead Gonad Shield.gif
    Lead Gonad Shield.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 77
Well, the nutsack is the immediate issue due to the usual proximity. The spleen is also of grave concern for intermediate uses, as is the colon.

Providing the machine is kept on a tabletop and far enough away from the critical organs, one really only needs to worry about the random argon laser beams emitted in the general direction of the face.

You *did* know there are expensive argon lasers in Apple laptops, right? Its why you pay extra...

:LOL:

Oh he has both, and they're medically still capable. One is merely mysteriously veiled from the chaff who cannot understand him.

Unfortunately, your picture is not that of a squirrell at all.

Very, very, very unfortunate.

All this because Grumpy got a new ibook. No wonder he's a grouch.

(Typed on my ibook using a phonebook as a lap protector. No lead shielding required.)

I prefer my old compaq - they just don't build them like they used to. (the laptop!)

Attachments

• compaq.jpg
    compaq.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 41
  • compaq.jpg_thumb
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
Tawny Dangle said:
All this because Grumpy got a new ibook. No wonder he's a grouch.

(Typed on my ibook using a phonebook as a lap protector. No lead shielding required.)

Watch out for the spikes! Not all models had them, but quite a few did!

If possible, move quickly to one of the new intel based macs. Those have far fewer of the bad safety problems like radiation, frickin laser beams, spikes or spontaneous fires...

Back
Top Bottom