The 51'st state?

My Ancestors were slaughteringthe frencha nd Germans for Centuriesma nd Vice Versa, now they sort of play nice and have a common currency and have eliminated many restrictions to travel, work, etc.

I have a red Passport, British, but I can walk into any Euro Country and live and work there, and one Currency is the norm for almost 20 countries.

Canadians and Americans are Transplants, chances are we alll came from the same village over there, but Ed is right, it will not happen.

The Europeans speak a differant language, have differant customs, and can agree, but Americans and Canadians who kinda speak the same language, both like Shanai Twain, have generally got along, will never agree.

My toothpaste, deoderant, shaving cream, underwear, all came from the US, but there will never be the same co-operation that Europe has achieved. :rant:

Max,

Past european wars are one of the reasons for current efforts to unify Europe.

In addition to the economic benefits part of the (French) strategy for the formation of the original six nation European common market was to integrate Germany into the rest of the european economy and thus help prevent future German invasions wars.

On the other hand despite the rhetoric on this board the US and Canada get along pretty well. No really major problems since 1812 and we blame that one on the British anyway ;)

MB

There's a Canadian Jazz octet called "The 51st Eight." Took me several years to get the joke.

Then all products would have to have English, French and Spanish on the labels.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Proposal to amalgamate the united states and canada.
Hmmm... does Canada want to join us or are we being invited to join Canada?

It sounds like the Daimler-Chrysler, AOL Time Warner, & HP-Compaq "mergers"...

This might work, as long as Max remains in his own country, wherever that may be.

Nords, you stay on your side of the line, I'll stay on mine. :mad:

Maximillion said:
Nords, you stay on your side of the line, I'll stay on mine. :mad:

No wintering in Florida Maximillion?

Don't get what the point would be. Political union is not necessary for economic union, as Europe shows.

Bpp

Those oil sands are very tempting... :D

Plus you eliminate the "canadian menace". Thousands of miles of shared border, lax security. Those folks could come across and make it down to missouri before we could blink. An hour or two, it'd all be over.

Hey, now you're stealing your jokes from a Michael Moore movie? ;) ;)

Anyway, count me in! I've been for a union for years....

I havent watched any michael moore movies.

He's a big fat dick who has no self esteem or self worth that resorts to tearing other people down to feed his issues.

Everything he's every said may be absolutely correct, none of which changes the last sentence. ;)

I had "Canadian Bacon" in mind, which is before his completely ass-headed personal issues movies, but yeah he's always been a no self esteem loser...

Oh no kidding, I didnt know he did that one. My tivo siphoned it up into 'suggestions' last week and my wife asked me if it was funny. I told her it sucked. ;)

CD, you are a total syncophant, you ignore th eNatioanl Census where Canadians overwhelmingly rejected any sort of Political or economic merger with the US.

Don't take it personally, but we just don't want to be Americans, we are just as happy to be left alone, a member of the British Commonwealth of Nations.

Imagine, the US in a confrontation with Canada, Western strikes by Australia, New Zealand, India and Pakistan. Eastern by Great Britian and Jamaica.
Southern from our bases in the Faroes.
Internally, Michael J,Fox, Aleck Trebeck, Howie Mandell, Jim Carrey,and Celine Dion.

Maximillion said:
Don't take it personally, but we just don't want to be Americans, we are just as happy to be left alone, a member of the British Commonwealth of Nations.

So you'll buy your condo in Spain  and winter in Australia instead of Florida?  Excellent.  Sounds like a win-win scenario for all involved. 

Back
Top Bottom