France Surrenders, Again

But of course, Monsieur.  Did you expect anything else?  We must keep our gravy train social net in place, n'cest pas?  :D

Don't they have a review process like US corps generally do? Get plenty of warning to improve and then a firing process...

Canada has a system similar, but not as rigid as Frances.

You can fire anyone, you just must be prepared to offer a fair exit Compensation, generally to a maximum of 2 years.

Maximillion said:
Canada has a system similar, but not as rigid as Frances.

You can fire anyone, you just must be prepared to offer a fair exit Compensation, generally to a maximum of 2 years.

I wonder what the policy is in India?

Seems like the more difficult we make it to fire incompetent workers the more expensive the product becomes over time and the harder it is to compete with lower cost producers. The governments are going to legislate business into the poor house or cause them to move off shore to compete. Too many laws that "protect" too many lazy and incompetent workers does no one any good; except the companies with far fewer laws. Compliance is expensive.

Cultures that have a low expectation for worker welfare create far fewer laws for businesses to comply with; which translates into lower operating costs and the ability to move out the deadwood faster. I know of many cases where it took years to "build a case" against a minority worker that was nothing short of incompetent. The business payed her salary for several years while the company just moved her from one manager to another because it took too much time and effort to build a case strong enough for HR. In the meantime, the work part of her job had to shift to others in the department. They were more afraid of a law suit than of paying someone for now meaningful work for years.

I knew some one similar here, any time someone tried to build a case, she threw out the race card. Worked here 36 years, and no one was sure what she did all day. Oh she was the backup for this, on the such and such team, etc. But she mostly sat at her desk.

The funny thing is, she left the company and moved to Texas with her new husband 18 months before she could collect retirement at 55. Now she has to wait until 65, and the math works that she'll see about the same amount then, so she basically threw away ten years of pension money. :crazy:

I mean, if you are going to work the system....weird, very weird.

Back
Top Bottom