jambalaya again

Ed_The_Gypsy

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Being a travelling man by occupation, I eat out a lot. This partially explains why I look like a Volkswagon with a moustache. A taste for beer expains the rest. (Partial to Keith's but Coors' Canadian is good, too.)

I look out for ethnic cuisines in my travels (my favourite being Cajun). Struck out on Dutch rolmops in Edmonton and having no luck at all finding anything Scandahoovian, but tested three Cajun places there, finding one jes' fine, t'ank you ver' much. :D

Having moved to the Deep South (Calgary) lately, the search continues. Found a jambalaya cook-off at Ceili's downtown on Feb 28. The host joint (Ceili's) had the most authentic, IMHO, with enough bite to make me happy. :) Told that it was on the menu (!), I returned later to be told that, no, it was only there seasonally. :confused: Huh? The search continues.

Dropping into an new-to-me joint on the way home from work yesterday, found jambalaya on the menu. It was actually curried chicken with sausage on rice--with chopsticks!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Undaunted, heard of another joint near the river. Stay tuned. Meantime, got me a good pot again and maybe gonna cook for friends on the back porch soon.

Budreau da Gypsy,
lost fo' sho' on da prarie.

I am spoiled for good restaurants, Old Town Pasadena has 99 restaurants in a 6 square block area. I do love Cajun food which there are only a few good places in the LA area.
When I visit Edmonton where my brother lives I find enough interesting food. One that surprises me, and I am originally a Chicago boy who is very finiky about pizza, is Boston Pizza. I could never figure out how this Canadian chain chose that name and not Chicago, NY or someplace in Italy, but their pizza ia surprisingly good for a chain.

One that surprises me, and I am originally a Chicago boy who is very finiky about pizza, is Boston Pizza.

Their service is good, too.

And in Ft McMurray, they have a non-smoking bar (the only one I know of in town) in their new store at the top of Confederation Drive, at the entrance to the new, nice neighborhoods.

Now you have a reason to go to Ft McMurray!

Back
Top Bottom