NoFeeBoards Now Defunct

BigMoneyJim

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
ER Forums news item:

NoFeeBoards.com was a forum arguably spun off from the same place as this one did. They shut down about a year ago and returned, but I get the feeling it's permanent this time.

Ben, who posts under that name here and at similar boards, leaked the shutdown info to raddr-pages.com forums and started a "thanks and goodbye" thread at NoFeeBoards Sunday. There wasn't much comment from the admins beyond life taking up their time and wanting to fade quietly. This afternoon the site is blank, so I presume the plug has been pulled, figuratively speaking.

Just thought I'd mention it here in case anybody wonders where it went.

I'd also like to welcome any NFB refugees who find their way here.

Speaking of shutting down, are there any contingency plans for this board in case Dory decides to call it quits, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, or the server crashes, gets destroyed in a fire, gets hit by a missle, etc.?

I mentioned this to Dory as a sidenote to something else a year or so ago in a PM and he thought it was something that should be looked into, but I'm not sure if there was anything done.

retire@40 said:
Speaking of shutting down, are there any contingency plans for this board in case Dory decides to call it quits, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, or the server crashes, gets destroyed in a fire, gets hit by a missle, etc.?
I was thinking of asking ***** to step in if something happens to me.

I see this as sort of a life insurance policy! :LOL:

dory36 has a good backup plan from what he's said.

After what he just posted above I expect to see the "donate to dory36's health insurance/longevity research fund" links on the board soon. :LOL:

dory36 said:
I was thinking of asking ***** to step in if something happens to me.

I see this as sort of a life insurance policy!  :LOL:

Could it be, could it be, JG?

Yeah, Hosuc repeated the same stuff using 5-6 pages of gobbledegook. JG managed to repeat the same half dozen things in a paragraph or less. ;)

Too bad

I used to post over there under cover as unclemick.

er ah was that overcover.

Let's hope a few posters find their way here.

heh heh heh

unclemick2 said:
Too bad

I used to post over there under cover as unclemick.

er ah was that overcover.

Let's hope a few posters find their way here.

heh heh heh

some of us are already here.  ;)

- Alec

Hi All,

Well I am here as well,,will miss my old home but maybe this one will help fill in some gaps..

Kathyet

I've been here since the last time NFB closed down...

Bpp

I have been at all the boards all along! :D
I also volunteer to take over this board should Dory ever decide to call it quits!
(money, power, women, fast cars! ALL MINE...ahahahahah....)
Cheers!

Okay, okay, those of you that have been here are welcome, too.

I thought I was on all the boards, but I had only 2 or 3 posts at NFB, and I apparently haven't registered at raddr-pages.com until a few days ago.

By the way, nofeeboards.com no longer resolves to an IP address. That's a pretty thorough shutdown! Oh well, I suppose that's preferable to parking it at one of those ad-laden "search engine" sites.

Welcome KathYet and others!

This is a shame. That was a nice board. Pleasant people. Informative, but sometimes (WAY) over my head!! :D

Anyway, main reason for my posting --

BMJ/Dory/Nords-

Do you think it might be a nice gesture to post a note under "Hello, I am" a welcoming message to members from the NFB board? I would do it, but feel that it really should come from the monitors or Dory (not just a little peaon like me :D).

Just a thought ...........

Jane :)

Hi Jane,

BMJ did post a welcome at the beginning of this thread, but I'll add mine.

Come enjoy our camaraderie. We try to remain troll-free, spam free, and light-hearted.

dory36

Thank you for the welcome. This site is a little over whelming to me there is so much to read ...you talk about over ones head ::) Jane Doe... it will take me time to get through it all.

Kathyet

Back
Top Bottom