"Survivor" show USNA's Terry - Nord's do you know him?

Jane_Doe

Recycles dryer sheets
Hey, Nords -

Our DD has gotten us into watching this show every week ::) and I have been wondering if you knew this guy? We keep cheering him on - it's great to see an "older" contestant win challenge after challenge.

Anyway, just curious! :D

Jane :)

This is a tough survivor class...nobody I really, really like or really, really hate. Can we drop 'johnny rotten' into this crowd as a late entrant? ;)

Lets see, Terry is an AF pilot and Nords worked on subs...it would have been a hell of an accident for them to have met ;)

Jane_Doe said:
I have been wondering if you knew this guy?  We keep cheering him on - it's great to see an "older" contestant win challenge after challenge.
Well, I'll be damned.  It's Meathead! 

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Lets see, Terry is an AF pilot and Nords worked on subs...it would have been a hell of an accident for them to have met ;)
Sorry, TH, this one's for real-- http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor12/survivors/bio_terry.shtml 

My memories of most of my classmates are frozen in 1982, and in my mind's pictures they're all 22 years old.  So I confess that I had to look him up in the yearbook.  He was in 27th Co, several wings (and acres) away from our company area.  I remember he was a real jock-- as much of a jock as midshipmen have the chance to be-- with at least one USNA letter and a number of victories over Army.  My old memories said "football" but he apparently earned most of his awards at baseball.

Geez, talk about "Whaddya DO all day".  Not bad for a 46-year-old retired F-14 fighter pilot.  Aviators go through periodic training at Survival, Evasion, Resistance, & Escape (SERE) school that makes Survivor look like a resort weekend.  Several years ago Survivor had a naval officer who was one of the few contestants with wilderness & leadership skills.  He organized & trained everyone so of course he was voted off ASAP.
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/navytrng/a/sere.htm
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0IAX/is_6_86/ai_n6220836

Attachments

• Deitz82.JPG
    Deitz82.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 89
He's pretty sexy. Even more so at 46. Maybe I will have to start watching survivor. :p

Thanks, Nords - that picture cracked me up! I just figured the academy couldn't be that big and that he would be close in age. You can see that he has the mind-set to stick it out. And if you don't normally watch, he just won a new Yukon SUV this week. Anyway - it's fun to see him continue to kick butt each week!

TH- I agree it's a rather boring crew of people this go around - that idiot Shane should have been kicked off at the start. My all time favorite is Rupert, of course!

Martha - Be very careful - this is one of those types of shows that sucks you in. ;)

Have a great day!

Jane :)

This group is probably the most boring of them all, no real personalities.

Thing that bugs me is the way the Females seem to need to group together to get rid of the Males, it becomes Us against Them Mentality.

This could hurt Terry, he will soon be the lone male , he had better keep winning Immunity.

Shane is a Freak, what is it with him telling that girl he would kill her if she voted against him, nutbar should have been banned.

Maximillion Wrote:
Shane is a Freak, what is it with him telling that girl he would kill her if she voted against him, nutbar should have been banned.

Your got that right he is a nut case I can't believe he hasn't been kicked off he does nothing for anyone...plus he is a slob.

I am betting Terry goes all the way. He is the only likable one on the show.

I am one of those addicted people, watch it every week since the first one.

Kathyet

BTW how do you make some ones comment a "Quote":confused:

To quote, there is a quote button on the top right of each person's posts. Click that and the entire post will be quoted and you can respond. You can delete out the words you don't want to quote.

The other way to quote anything is to put [ quote] at the beginning of the quote (without the space after the first bracket) and [ /quote] at the end of the quote (again without the space).

Welcome to the forum!

kathy, and that is why they have to get rid of him, he is a threat, they want to take someone like Shane into the final two so as to improve their odds.

Cobie was my Favourite of them all, maybe Ethan?

There was a NYC firefighter on a few seasons ago. He was a stud also. I'd like to see him and Terry go head-to-head

Back
Top Bottom