Big Money Investing ?

nnkrealtor

Recycles dryer sheets
I know that alot of you invest in Real estate so I figured I would ask my question here and see if anyone could help.

First off I want to state that I am a Real Estate Agent not an investor...

Recently a large tract of waterfront land came avaialble in my area. About 1000 acres with around 9000 feet of water frontage. Asking over $20 Million. This is not my listing, but I would sure like to find a buyer. How would I go about finding investors interested in this large of a purchase? This is much larger than anything that I have dealt with before. The property is being marketed as a possible resort area or a subdivision. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I see stuff like this advertised all the time in the Wall St. Journal. Property section comes out on Wednesdays.

The seller chose the wrong listing agent if they don't know how to market the property.   I'm no marketing genius, but is seems to me that there are a finite and relatively small number of resort developers.   Target them directly.

Hit up development companies/developers. But together an offering sheet (or take the listing agent's sheet) and find some developers. Talk to your local bankers or some out of Richmond/D.C.

You could also find 10-20 smaller investors looking to form a partnership and buy it that way at $1-2 million per partnership interest.

Having worked on land development projects near where you are located, a lot of times you encounter a huge amount of unbuildable wetlands on waterfront sites. This can quickly drive the price per acre way way up. You may also have to invest in significant infrastructure (roadway bridges, etc) to span between one buildable area to the next over top of the wetlands (which you usually can't touch). Bridges aren't cheap.

Thanks for the replies so quickly...
Justin. Shoot me an email and let me know what you have worked on and where in my area.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom