YTD

Dude

Recycles dryer sheets
4.52% YTD ROI per Quicken as of 5/19/06

100% stock retirement portfoilio (401k and Roth IRAs)

Age 35

Hoping to stay positive for the year :confused:

My YTD declined more than 4% in one week. It's now at 8% - not bad.

3.6% according to MSMoney for YTD.

I finally looked this morning. My set of accounts at E-Trade (over half our port) are up 5.6% (and dropping as emerging markets continue to get hammered today-). My small rollover IRA (10% of port) at Fido is up 1%. Cash accounts & bonds average 4.5% (annualized). Must be up about 4.75% overall. If I get another 4.75% over the rest of the year, I ain't complainin' (much).

85% stock retirement portfoilio (401k and Roth IRAs).

Up 8.1% so far, but the last two weeks have been bad, bad, bad!

OK, looks like I'm in the ballpark, thanks for the encouragement :D

Quicken says 6.9% so I'm not on the verge of tears (as I was when I saw the bottom line go down almost $60k recently). Not enough this year for even a Pilot, more's the pity.

Damn your Eyes, You, with your YTD Threads that corrupt the innocent Youth among us. I hath been at 17% hardly a fortnight past...

Gotta stop peeking.

Around 126%, down big time from two weeks ago. Sorry, don't stone me. I am not diversified.

Focu$ed said:
Around 126%, down big time from two weeks ago. Sorry, don't stone me. I am not diversified.

You've got stones to put all your wood behind one arrow. I hope it hits the target. Either way, you'll have a good story to tell the grand kids. :)

My Investments have done 5.62% so far (thru Apr 30) but it looks like May is not been kind, probably be down from that for the quarter unless June brightens up!

6.25% as per closing yesterday. Cut in half or so the last 2 weeks but at least still positive.
Cheers!

I'm down with blues. Down at the beach! The blue fish are running! Oh, the portfolio is ok last time I looked 8)

5% roughly YTD....as of 5/23. A not so nice 3.5% haircut the last few days though

I only check at the end of each month, so my April 30 annualized YTD return was 7.51%. I'm sure it's much lower (maybe by half) at this point.

ok, you guys got me peeking. :-[

up 4.5% on the year, down from 10.6% at the high on 5/9/06

Went from a high of 6.1% on 1 April to 3.9% today.

Tweedy, Browne slid almost 7% in two weeks... haven't seen that behavior since early 2003.

Veritasophia,

'My Portfolios' tab, 'Accounts & Activity--Consolidated View'

Just under the "Accounts & Activity--Consolidated View' line, you will see:
'Total Vanguard Assets' [with your balance following], followed by '(Compare to year-end balances)' in blue lettering on the same line.

Click on '(Compare to year-end balances)' and you will go to...
'Year-End Balances'! Then I get out my calculator.

(It took me a long time to find it. You know how invisible something is when you look right at it all the time? :dead: )

Ed

This is shaping up to be a HUGELY frustrating year. I have a target net worth at which I pull the plug. I'm 51. The year matters less than the number.

I'm approaching the number. Let me tell you, in that configuration this recent 5% smack has been agony.

Back
Top Bottom