Weekend Activities

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hope everyone had a good weekend. It helps me a lot to get out in the fresh air and do some fun stuff. I gave my 9 months pregnant wife a break and took my 2 YO strawberry picking.

Attachments

• strawberry picking.jpg
    strawberry picking.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 176
  • strawberry picking.jpg_thumb
    36.7 KB · Views: 0
Damn, wish I had some of those strawberries.  :)  Cute picture of the rug rat! I took a trip to lower AL to vist my nephew and his new bbq restaurant. Ate like a pig. Gonna have to eat salads this week to off set the calories.  :(

She's adorable, Brewer. It looks like a triple hitter for you: 2 happy girls plus lots of nice strawberries, too.

LL said:
She's adorable, Brewer.  It looks like a triple hitter for you: 2 happy girls plus lots of nice strawberries, too.

Thanks. We actually made strawbeery-rhubarb jam yesterday with a lot of the berries. Very tasty for breakfast this morning.

I am, however, thinking over the plan to take kiddo blueberry picking in July. Unlike the strawberry field, the blueberry farms inevitably have irrigation ditches. Not quite sure I want to be fishing her out of them every 15 minutes. Maybe I can enlist a grandparent or two...

I hereby declare that FIRES (and FIRE wannabes-) have the most adorable children!

Brewer, note that your wife will need more such breaks from one or both kids after the baby comes. My mother used to send my father out of the house with the 3 little pigs kids evey Saturday morning. And we spent many Saturday afternoons at the movies.

astromeria said:
I hereby declare that FIRES (and FIRE wannabes-) have the most adorable children!

Brewer, note that your wife will need more such breaks from one or both kids after the baby comes. My mother used to send my father out of the house with the 3 little pigs kids evey Saturday morning. And we spent many Saturday afternoons at the movies.

I concur. When my daughter was born [last september], we had to quickly find some friends in the neighborhood for my son [age 4]. He's known how to push our buttons since he was 1.5.  Now I know why my parents laughed so freakin' hard while watching the part in "Finding Nemo" when Nemo's dad says something along the lines of "If you touch that boat one more time...", to which Nemo looks at his dad and whaps the boat one more time.

We also bought tons of cheap things with which to make bubbles. Nothing like watching a couple of 3-4 year olds take each other out trying to catch bubbles.  :D

Our neighbors also got this sweet trampoline:

Trampoline.jpg

It wears out the kids nicely.

- Alec

That's a very cute girl Brewer. Hope you bought your shot gun and are taking lessons ;)
Speaking of weekends, since I've been semi-RE I still haven't gotten out of the habit of waiting till the weekend to do something. I guess that is the semi part of it. ::)

What a great picture! I worked in the yard removing bushes, took a little time in the Jacuzzi, and hiked the trails next to my house. Hey, here's a picture of my house...somewhere in the "hive" below:

Easter06028.jpg

Just a few hundred feet further on the trail and you leave civilization behind!

Easter06040.jpg

Laurence said:
...Hey, here's a picture of my house...somewhere in the "hive" below:

Yikes... suburbia hell.  Gives a small-town boy like me the hives.

... although that San Diego weather makes me envious.

Brewer that little one sure is a cutie, did they make you weight her before and after the strawberry picking? lol.

So how are those strawberries, Brewer? My wife bought a bunch from the store for cheap, and they all went from super sour to rotten in about a day. :p

Those ones look soooo good.

Bow-Tie, REW, it is what it is, San Diego is a big suburban sprawl. I'm just lucky my house backs up on a nature preserve. About a thousand acres supposedly never to be developed ( I bet as soon as it gets cost effective, they'll nibble that down). We have horse trails as well, which makes for interesting scenes. Imagine driving through suburbia and first slowing for a coyote crossing the road, then a pair of riders on horseback.

Outtahere said:
Brewer that little one sure is a cutie, did they make you weight her before and after the strawberry picking? lol.

Nah, I think they included it in the mark-up.  $2.25 per pound for U-pick.  :p

But they were awfully good berries.

Back
Top Bottom