America's worst drivers ranked by state

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
GMAC administered a driving laws exam to 5000+ licensed drivers, at least 10% of whom should've lost their licenses for failing the pop quiz. No word on whether GMAC did anything to their renewal premiums.

The worst state? Rhode Island, followed closely by Washington DC.

The best state? Oregon.

Hawaii? #45. Which, ironically, is about where the school system ranks...

Iowa rated 8th, which tells me that none of the pollsters have ever driven on an Iowa road behind a farmer pulling a hay wagon. Don't put too much faith in the findings.

setab

LOL Mass is 48th... doesn't surprise me one bit!!!

setab said:
Iowa rated 8th, which tells me that none of the pollsters have ever driven on an Iowa road behind a farmer pulling a hay wagon. Don't put too much faith in the findings.

setab
Iowans are ok in my book. An old workmate from Wisconsin had it in for them and said the IOWA on the license plate meant Idiot On Wheels Ahead.
I'm sure there's something duragatory that Iowans see in the word Wisconsin also....come to think of it there are probably quite a few states that have good natured jokes about each other...although I've never heard anything bad said about the NICE people in Minnesota.

Its tough to see all the bad drivers out there, knowing theres no motivation by the various motor vehicle departments and police departments to get them off the roads.

They're the primary revenue source.

I am surprised Texas didn't do worst than 24th. It's been about 5 years but when I was stationed there and it seemed like running red lights was as popular as the Cowboys. To be fair the red lights in Austin were the longest I've ever waited on.

If Panama was a state they would win the title hands down. Still amazes me with all the car accidents no one wears their seat belt. Don't even ask about baby car seats. I've seen enough "kids" climbing around in moving cars than I care to admit.

Hay now!

My weekend visitors from Biloxi just left - and I counted - all the Missouri mules are still here.

heh heh heh - I'm posting cause it's pouring buckets outside - no yard work today. And the contractors are working inside.

DanTien said:
setab said:
Iowa rated 8th, which tells me that none of the pollsters have ever driven on an Iowa road behind a farmer pulling a hay wagon.  Don't put too much faith in the findings.

setab
Iowans are ok in my book. An old workmate from Wisconsin had it in for them and said the IOWA on the license plate meant Idiot On Wheels Ahead.
I'm sure there's something duragatory that Iowans see in the word Wisconsin also....come to think of it there are probably quite a few states that have good natured jokes about each other...although I've never heard anything bad said about the NICE people in Minnesota.

You know the best thing to come out of Minnesota? Interstate 35. :D :D Sorry, just had to. Just to be fair, You know Iowa has a new zoo? They put a fence around the borders. Listen to the radio before any Iowa=Minnesota football game in either state and you will hear these traded all week. I would have more to say about the Cheeseheads, but they are such great tailgaters before and after the games that the game becomes an excuse for the parties.

setab

setab said:
DanTien said:
setab said:

setab

You know the best thing to come out of Minnesota? Interstate 35. :D :D Sorry, just had to. Just to be fair, You know Iowa has a new zoo? They put a fence around the borders. Listen to the radio before any Iowa=Minnesota football game in either state and you will hear these traded all week. I would have more to say about the Cheeseheads, but they are such great tailgaters before and after the games that the game becomes an excuse for the parties.

setab
:LOL: :D
They are great tailgaters for sure and very dedicated fans.
A Packer fan was enjoying himself at the game in a packed Lambeau Field, until he noticed an empty seat down in front. He went down and asked the guy next to it if he knew whose seat it was. The guy said, "Yes, that's my wife's seat. We have never missed a game since the Lombardi days, but now my wife is dead." The fan offered his sympathy and said it was really too bad he couldn't find some relative to give the ticket to and enjoy the game together. "Oh no," the guy said, "they're all at the funeral."

The study says one out of three drivers don't stop for people in crosswalks. Bet it is even less. I rarely see a driver stop for people in crosswalks. I walk a lot in the city and once in a blue moon does someone stop for me, even when I am partly in the intersection.

I also see people drive up to an intersection. Stop. Look left because they are going to make a right turn. They don't look to the right, where a pedestrian may be walking across the street. I have had this happen to me several times. I'd like to carry a bat to whack their car as they plow through the intersection.

I rarely use my car but I find it amusing when I stop a stop sign to let people pass (their ROW) and they gratefully thank me. I do that with the bike too when I hit a red light. When they thank me, I simply tell them it's their ROW. Of course my hidden message to the public is, when it's my light get the f**k out of my way.
What is really scary are the pedestrians crossing the streets without looking in either direction, assuming that everyone else is looking out for them.

Back
Top Bottom