Error on sending a PM

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'd send a PM to the operations folks, but I cant!

When I send a PM or reply to one, i'm getting:

"fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known"

However, the posts that I got the error on DID get made. I didnt get your PM though, so hmm....

We're running out of something somewhere...or someone stuck some gum in here between the gears...

I take it back, I did get your PM, it just didnt show as "new".

Real sorry to the guy who got four copies of the same message because I didnt think it was going... :(

Tried it with Exploder and Firefox, same error. But i'm not getting it on posts anymore, just pm's.

I see a DNS issue and emailed dory36 about it. That explains the error messages. I'm not sure how that would affect the PM issue, but it didn't count my new PM, either. I only checked because of this thread.

An automatic server software update with a missing component hit hundreds of thousands of servers last night -- every server running the same Red Hat Linux/cpanel software on the "stable"  :confused: release schedule.

It was the DNS software, and was simple to fix but took a manual step to rerun the update.

We're back...

Seems good now. Only thing thats weird is my PM count is wrong. It says I have two and I have five. Looks like anything I got or sent during the glitch wasnt counted.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Seems good now.  Only thing thats weird is my PM count is wrong.  It says I have two and I have five.  Looks like anything I got or sent during the glitch wasnt counted.

Are you sure you're counting correctly?

It's 1 . . . 2. . . 3 . . . 4 . . . 5.

Hope that helps. :D :D :D

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Immensely.

I now know both your IQ *and* your shoe size! :LOL:
My IQ is very high if you care about those things, but it's hardly that high: 12,345. :)

I assume the second part of your statement is a cruel joke. Somehow you've learned that I have no feet and decided to make fun of me. Yes, it's true. I was born with a rare birth defect and have only dryer sheets where most people have feet. That's why I keep the bottom of my legs covered in kayaks at all times. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm sure that comma in your IQ is supposed to be a decimal point.

And as far as your lack of feet, you know what they say about the correlation between foot size and weener size?

So I guess...no feet, no weener?

I cant imagine this getting any more childish.

But I'm willing to try.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
. . .
I cant imagine this getting any more childish.

But I'm willing to try.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Nope. I think you're right. Even with an IQ soaring over 12,000, I can think of no way to make this more childish.

We could go for bathroom humor? :) :D :D

Back
Top Bottom