New problem with PMs

nfs

Recycles dryer sheets
Here today for the first time in a few weeks, I login to find four copies of a single message from one member. Deleting the redundant copies, the little heading at the top of the page says

Hey, nfs, you have -2 messages, 0 are new.
What's that about?

nfs said:
Here today for the first time in a few weeks, I login to find four copies of a single message from one member.  Deleting the redundant copies, the little heading at the top of the page says
What's that about?

Just testing your algebra skills.  :)

Ha

Helpful bunch, aintcha? ;) Shouldn't some forum tech whiz like BMJ be concerned? I would think this indicates some sort of database integrity issue.

What the heck, though! It's summer and the boat beckons. 8)

nfs, I had a similar PM problem a couple of days ago and notified BMJ and Dory about it and your similar experience above. Looks like they beat you to the boat and we will have to wait until they come back ashore to take a look at it.

That was me...I sent it four times because I didnt think it went due to the error message. The counts ARE all screwed up though...it seems that any messages sent and received during that glitch didnt get counted, or in your case are there but count as negative messages.

Once you delete all the messages in your inbox, it'll right itself...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Once you delete all the messages in your inbox, it'll right itself...
No, it won't. But truthfully ...

A bad day on the boat is better than the best day on the net, so I'm off.

[OT]For those who want a little humour along similar lines from north of the border, you might be interested in the latest foot-in-mouth from the Vancouver BC police chief.

[The mayor] Sullivan angered Graham when he said the department should become more efficient before it gets money to hire new officers.

The police target incident between Graham, the city's top police officer, and [city manager] Rogers, the city's top bureaucrat, took place on June 30. ...

In a brief written statement issued to the media, Graham admitted he "placed one of my old shooting targets from the range on Ms. Rogers' desk."

Scrawled across the target, which had been shot through the heart and head, was the phrase, "A bad day at the range is better than the best day at work."
[/OT]

:LOL:

Huh...worked for me.

Maybe the forum is telling you that you're behind on sending two messages. Feed it what it wants and it'll go to sleep happy.

Yup, I was on a boat...in Shreveport. Lost some money. :'(

There's some magic shiny button somewhere around here that recalculates all counts and statistics. I guess we should press it. I'll see what dory36 says about it.

Theres a bunch of magic shiny buttons.

My kid would like it a lot. He hasnt met a button or switch that he doesnt like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom