What was and Is your mortgage and realestate taxes,

Sheryl said:
I still owe 40K on my 50K loan. 11 more years on a 15 yr. loan. With a payment of $429/month at 4.75% interest I'm in no hurry.

Property taxes are $1500/yr. or $125/mo.

Homeowners ins. is another $600/yr.

Total housing cost: $604/month or $7248 per year.

If I could get health insurance as cheap as my housing I'd FIRE tomorrow.

What kind of health insurance do you want? - A few on this Forum have catastrophic health care with a large deductible for About $2400 per year. Pay the rest out of pocket and if you are relatively healthy, you should be able to do it cheaper than housing.

Cut-Throat said:
What kind of health insurance do you want?  - A few on this Forum have catastrophic health care with a large deductible for About $2400 per year. Pay the rest out of pocket and if you are relatively healthy, you should be able to do it cheaper than housing.

Yeah... until my recent health issues cropped up that was my plan too, but it now looks like I'll be forced into something more expensive.   I have a lot more shopping to do before I know which way to go, but I have tripled my budget numbers, since seeing that an MRI costs $1800.  I've had 4 so far this year, and will probably have 2-3 more before the year is out.   

Washington State will permit me to move to an individual plan from my company plan without revealing "pre-existing conditions" but once I'm on that individual plan I'm not sure I can ever switch again, so I'm getting very nervous about making the decision.

Sheryl said:
Yeah... until my recent health issues cropped up that was my plan too, but it now looks like I'll be forced into something more expensive. I have a lot more shopping to do before I know which way to go, but I have tripled my budget numbers, since seeing that an MRI costs $1800. I've had 4 so far this year, and will probably have 2-3 more before the year is out.

Washington State will permit me to move to an individual plan from my company plan without revealing "pre-existing conditions" but once I'm on that individual plan I'm not sure I can ever switch again, so I'm getting very nervous about making the decision.

I see. Sorry!

Cut-Throat said:
What kind of health insurance do you want? - A few on this Forum have catastrophic health care with a large deductible for About $2400 per year. Pay the rest out of pocket and if you are relatively healthy, you should be able to do it cheaper than housing.

I really feel for you guys who must pay for your own health insurance.

Look I am as healthy as any 50 YO there is I run 10 miles a day was a vegatarian for years did EVERYTHING RIGHT! I ended up in the ICU 5 years ago with VIRAL pericarditis! An infection around the pericardium around my heart 2 days in the ICU a cardiac cath because initially it looked like an MI even the EKG was saying it. Bottom line the cost was well over 25,000 for the hospital stay and procedures.

With those high deductables it would have cost me a bunch.

Geesh!

Americans should all have health insurance that keeps them from the poor house!

highest mortgage and tax payments: $1189 per month

now: only tax payment: $3500 per year.

House mortgage--$1150 P+I 30 year (only 26 more to go)
House Taxes--$5750/year

Cabin mortgage--$1420 P+I 15 year mortgage-(currently on the market)
Cabin taxes--$3200/year

We have no plans to pay off the house mortgage since we will be selling the house in 5-10 years and downsizing.

The cabin mortgage will be paid when the cabin sells. We hope to have it sold in the next few months. (Slow market for this kind of property right now).

astromeria said:
I suppose eventually the bonds are paid off...or maybe it's like tolls and they keep collecting the money anyhow  :-\

YIKES! Ya gotta know these things. We have something called "front foot benefit". It's calculated on the width of our lot and its $x/ft of frontage amortized at a decent interest rate for 18 (I think) yrs.....cost us 500/ yr which is not deductible

1st Mortgage: 48k PITI=568/mo
2nd Mortgage: 105k PITA= 960/mo
3rd Mortgage 350k PITA =2800/mo
...........Still working

this topic would be a little more meaningful if we list what location it is we are referring to

Mortgage on house was 226K (upgraded 3 yrs ago) now down to 211K -Taxes are $4800 per year. Total payment including tax = 1,650 per month.

Upgrading was very good move so don't regret it a bit. We enjoy the amenities and expect decent appreciation over the years which will assist in ER down the road.

High mortgage 1100/mo pi, 140 tax (Chandler, AZ)
Current 0/month, 75 tax

Highest Mortgage 100K - $500/mo taxes (a different house)
Current Mortgage 0 - $110/mo taxes (going to about $60 in one month due to SC swapping sales tax for government school tax)

Back
Top Bottom