Long working hours linked to high blood pressure

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
I guess we could also put this one in the "Well, duh" category.

JAHA article summarized in Reuters.

Interestingly, "The researchers also found that hypertension was more common among clerical and unskilled workers than among professionals.  This 'suggests that occupations requiring more challenging and mentally active work may have a protective effect against hypertension,' Yang and his colleagues write.  Almost all of the developed world has legislation limiting work hours, except for the United States, the researchers note."

Nords said:
I guess we could also put this one in the "Well, duh" category.

JAHA article summarized in Reuters.

... Almost all of the developed world has legislation limiting work hours, except for the United States, the researchers note."
We're #1; ...  again!  So, how come my bp doesn't drop?  I mean, I work zero hours.   :D

Or is it just that working can't help you, but it can hurt you?  Just as we suspected!

Eagle43 said:
We're #1; ... again! So, how come my bp doesn't drop? I mean, I work zero hours. :D

Or is it just that working can't help you, but it can hurt you? Just as we suspected!

Your blood pressure hasn't dropped because you read this website. All these "Chicken Little" postings about the housing market, the stock market, etc... make my blood boil sometimes. :p

See my blood pressure thread in the life after RE. Interesting, I gotta say my BP is down way down this summer and hey I got my notice today that I am ready and the state has all NEEDED paperwork to PROCESS my Retirement application and present it to the state retirement board!!

Back
Top Bottom