Starbucks coffee maker recall

shiny

Full time employment: Posting here.
Good News! The crappy coffee maker that we bought from Starbucks last year is being recalled. It is the "Barista 8-cup Thermal Coffeemaker" It is so drippy and has to be run twice to get the water to finish going through.

I guess the best news is that I didn't burn down the apartment complex with it! It will be a bit of a pain to return it but I'm just happy to get our money back, an offer to buy an upgraded model for the same $ amount they are returning and a free pound of coffee.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=2576977

shiny said:
Good News! The crappy coffee maker that we bought from Starbucks last year is being recalled. It is the "Barista 8-cup Thermal Coffeemaker" It is so drippy and has to be run twice to get the water to finish going through.

I guess the best news is that I didn't burn down the apartment complex with it! It will be a bit of a pain to return it but I'm just happy to get our money back, an offer to buy an upgraded model for the same $ amount they are returning and a free pound of coffee.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=2576977

Just get a Gevalia or Braun.............they always work..........:)

I just got a De Longhi toaster.............never knew bread could taste so good........... :D

The discounted coffee maker they are offering is a De Longhi. Anyone have one of those?

We bought this coffee maker on sale for $99.99. They are rebating $99.90, so I guess we'll just be out that 9 cents!! ha

A small hijack........the regulars know I am addicted to those Starbucks
Frappuccinos (prefer the coffee flavor). It's about the only coffee I
drink any more. However, the other night I am out with friends
and ordered a decaf after dinner. It was fabulous!!! The one other
person who ordered it thought so too. I had the waitress check and it
was "Douwe Egberts". Never heard of it, but I'm considering makin'
the switch.

JG

Back
Top Bottom