Pulled the Trigger Today

BOBOT

Recycles dryer sheets
Filed the paperwork with HR to apply for pension benes, insurance, etc effective my ER date of 1/24/07.
Tra-la, tra-la.
It was oddly anticlimactic, though. Boss & others have known it was coming for quite a while; and this is not the formal notice anyway, so I can still back-out if I want.
AS IF !!

Congrats

The clock will seem to be going slower until your last day.

Will you have to train your replacement?

congrats life won't be the same, thank goodness and the time will go slow until the last week or so
:D
Kitty

Savor this time....it does'nt get any better. You got a BS shield! :)

You're too young to retire. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Just doing my part to get you ready for the inevitable. :)

Many of your co-workers will admit that they are envious of you. Your last few months will go fast and be very enjoyable, as you now see the light at the end of the tunnel. Congratulations on this new chapter in your life!

Retire Soon said:
Many of your co-workers will admit that they are envious of you.

I actually had people tell me that they "wish they were me."
Imagine that! Of course, if I was not me, I would want to be me too. :)

JG

It's been 8 months now for me and I'm still grinning! AS good as you think you feel now, it will be even better the morning after. Congrats!

setab

Still a newbie at it at 7 months in, and I'm agreeing with Setab, it just gets better and better.

You Gonna LIKE it! Big Time. Assuming you're only waiting for the new year for tax purposes. It will go quick, and folks will be coming outta the woodwork asking how you can possibly do that, as they KNOW that they sure can't :'(

JonnyM said:
Assuming you're only waiting for the new year for tax purposes. It will go quick, and folks will be coming outta the woodwork asking how you can possibly do that, as they KNOW that they sure can't :'(

Actually I'm waiting to be credited with an annual lump of use-or-lose personal leave - which I will USE, then LEAVE! :D

HR person said, "but you'll only get 40% of your full benefit - have you done any financial planning:confused:"
"Well, a little", I replied. "I think I'll manage." :LOL: :LOL:

Like the looks of yer ax, man - whazzit?

Congratulations! I retired 6/2/06 and I am enjoying it very much! My last few months went by very quickly.

Bobot said:
HR person said, "but you'll only get 40% of your full benefit - have you done any financial planning:confused:"
"Well, a little", I replied. "I think I'll manage." :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

Congrats Bobot!

It can certainly be done! My contribution to the family funds amounts to about 35%. It's about what you need to cover expenses, never about what you grossed at the peak of your powers.

The guitar I often feature in my sig is a Gibson Flying V, fun to play, but only standing up!)

Back
Top Bottom