Any of you affluent women care to comment on this?

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
http://www.worth.com/Current-Concerns/News-Briefs/NB-affluent-women-102306.asp

Affluent women are generally pleased with their financial advisors, but many are disappointed by the advisors’ newsletters and seminars, according to a new survey published by the Spectrem Group. While 70 percent of women were satisfied with their primary advisor, fewer than 3 in 10 women rated financial newsletters (25 percent) and seminars (28 percent) as “excellent.”

I don't know, I never used a financial advisor. I figured they'd never care as much about my money as I would, and that there were too many opportunities for an advisor to take advantage, so I'd better learn how to manage my own money.

And my husband is really glad I took this task on (instead of him).

Audrey

I'm happy with my financial advisor. I don't pay attention to the mailings.

Quote:

Affluent women were most satisfied with direct contact and the opportunity to meet other firm advisors, according to the report Affluent Women. Almost all of the women surveyed, 98 percent, rated their face-to-face meetings as excellent or satisfactory. Nearly as many, 90 percent, favorably rated their access to firm experts. Meanwhile, 23 percent considered their advisor’s use of newsletters as a communication tool as poor, and even more, 35 percent, considered their use of seminars as poor.

Affluent women listed knowledge about wealth management (99 percent) and understanding of personal goals and issues (97 percent) as important factors in selecting an advisor. Least important was the availability of online services, with only 32 percent identifying that as an aspect of their decision.

[end quote]

I'd say this is exactly how I would have responded to this survey.

Meadbh

I think I'm considered affluent. But I've never used a financial advisor. I prefer
managing my money.

Back
Top Bottom