New Category

Rich_by_the_Bay

Moderator Emeritus
Looks like this group has gotten sufficiently hypochondriacal to warrant a new Health and Fitness forum. And I have become sufficiently disoriented to agree to be its moderator. Office hours are open.

Couple of reminders:

• In addition to conventional health and fitness subjects, health insurance is fair game for this topic. Not disability, life, home, auto, annuities or umbrella, but strictly personal health insurance.

• Regardless of how it may be offered or stated, don't take anything you read here as personal health advice. Can't be done over the web in this context. Assume it's not meant for you -- rely on it for nothing except entertainment and general information of unknown reliability. Check with your personal doctor, blah blah blah. Sounds too obvious to state, but it is amazing how many people have relied on casual WWW exchanges at their own peril.
In honor of our grand opening, we will be offering free barium enemas to the first 10 posters.

So, how's your arthritis?

What's a barium M&M? One of them new colors?

Can I have a birthday cake icon for going off-topic first, kinda?

bpp said:
What's a barium M&M? One of them new colors?
Yeah, sure, that's it, just bend over here while my assistant helps me show it to you... you do have health insurance, right?

Can I trade up for a vortual colonoscopy??

BTW, Rich, I am excited about this new area.......:) Just to add, I started having "Grandma's Depression breakfast" (regular oatmeal) every day for 6 weeks now, and my triglycerdies are down by 50 points, and cholesterol by 25 points.

I wanna live to be 100, then drop dead after jogging, drinking some wine and an afternoon of rough sex. I feel ok today. Is it possible?

This is a good idea to spike out health topics from OT. It should generate a lot of posts.

FYI, I have moved several topics to this board from the past few months relating to health insurance that I thought included valuable information. If anyone sees a topic that they would like moved to this category to facilitate searching, let one of the moderators know.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
In honor of our grand opening, we will be offering free barium enemas to the first 10 posters.

Yeaaaah! So we've got our 10. All we need to do now is caravan up and head out. Rich, I expect you'll be bringing up the rear?

Rich_in_Tampa said:
...well..where is the toilet located and do I have to wear an open-back gown and take a public elevator to get to it?

disEntropy Greg said:
Yeaaaah! So we've got our 10. Now all we need to do now is caravan up and head out. Rich, I expect you'll be bringing up the rear?

:LOL:

It's my job. The winners are:

Dog52 (twice)
Me
BPP
Greg
MyDream
Nords
FinanceDude
Eagle43
Martha
DanTien

Congratulations to the lucky winners. I will be sending out vouchers by the end of the week (DOG52 - no more than one prize per week, sorry).

Thanks for giving this new category the dignified and authoritative send-off it so richly deserves.

DanTien said:
...well..where is the toilet located and do I have to wear an open-back gown and take a public elevator to get to it?

Dan: I hate to be rude, but you just don't qualify for no stinkin' barium benefits. Lucky DOG52 gets two though. DW gets to do the whole thing while holding hands with me. :smitten::smitten: :p

disEntropy Greg said:
Dan: I hate to be rude, but you just don't qualify for no stinkin' barium benefits. Lucky DOG52 gets two though. DW gets to do the whole thing while holding hands with me. :smitten::smitten: :p
:LOL: Hope you two have The Right Stuff!

By The way I've never had one, you make it sound like fun....

Greg Alan Shepard: [during enema continence test] Tell me something, Mr. Gonzalez. You ever have any explosions doing this?
Gonzalez: All the time. It's a mess.
Greg Alan Shepard: Tell me something else, Mr. Gonzalez. How am I doing?
Gonzalez: I think you're going to make it, man. I think you're going to be an astronaut.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
:LOL:

It's my job. The winners are:

Dog52 (twice)
Me
BPP
Greg
MyDream
Nords
FinanceDude
Eagle43
Martha
DanTien

Congratulations to the lucky winners. I will be sending out vouchers by the end of the week (DOG52 - no more than one prize per week, sorry).

Thanks for giving this new category the dignified and authoritative send-off it so richly deserves.

So you're going to cheat DOG52 out of his two? He earned 'em; he deserves two first class jobs. I'm callin' shinanagins.

Eagle43 said:
I wanna live to be 100, then drop dead after jogging, drinking some wine and an afternoon of rough sex.
What does your spouse think of this plan, and what parts is she willing to help out with?

To add to the forum (and trying to be serious), you may want to get a list (via a poll) of what people are willing to "admit to a condition", and how they can be used as resources for support (if you wish).

For example, I'm diabetic. Diagnosed in 2001 (how that happened is a story in itself). In a nutshell, it's probably the best thing that ever happened to me (seriously...)

Since I'm managing it strictly by diet/exercise, I know what the "challanges" are, and how they can be addressed. I can't tell you what you should do, but I can tell you what I did, for the same situation.

Anyway, that's my input for now....

- Ron

cube_rat said:
Congrats on your new forum, R-in-T! :D

Thanks, Cube. Yeah, duty called. Very heavy-handed group of moderators here, you know ;).

Haven't seen you around much recently - nice to hear from you.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
Haven't seen you around much recently - nice to hear from you.

I have a new cube gig, which is why I haven't been around much. I plan to post something upstairs on defined pension plans when I can muster enough energy to rub two brain cells together.

I hope all is well with you.

What, you're out of the barium enemas? Aw, crap ...

Ron'Da said:
To add to the forum (and trying to be serious), you may want to get a list (via a poll) of what people are willing to "admit to a condition", and how they can be used as resources for support (if you wish).

For example, I'm diabetic. Diagnosed in 2001 (how that happened is a story in itself). In a nutshell, it's probably the best thing that ever happened to me (seriously...)

Since I'm managing it strictly by diet/exercise, I know what the "challanges" are, and how they can be addressed. I can't tell you what you should do, but I can tell you what I did, for the same situation.

I'd personally welcome personal accounts of illnesses for those who are comfortable sharing that kind of stuff. I'm guessing there must be great variability in how much people are willing to open up on a forum like this, but you never know. But if there is information or inspiration therein, can't see it doing any harm; and if it helps even one person...

Rich_in_Tampa said:
I'd personally welcome personal accounts of illnesses for those who are comfortable sharing that kind of stuff. I'm guessing there must be great variability in how much people are willing to open up on a forum like this, but you never know. But if there is information or inspiration therein, can't see it doing any harm; and if it helps even one person...

A very thoughtful post. I would personally find this kind of unseemly.
That might be viewed as ironic, considering some of my
past posting. :)

JG

Back
Top Bottom