"Showing men how to survive and thrive"

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
Hey, I'd like to start one of the first 10 threads. I never considered that I'd be lucky enough to be irradiated from the inside!

It looks like Bradley Willcox is wrapping up a study that builds off the Willcox brothers' "Okinawa Diet Plan" books.

They pulled data from nearly 6000 Japanese-American men who've been undergoing an aging study since 1965. Here's what men have to look forward to: "Exceptional survival was defined as living to a certain age, 75, 80, 85 or 90, without six major chronic diseases: chronic heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, obstructive pulmonary disease and Parkinson's disease. They also had to be able to walk a half-mile and have good cognitive function. 'It's "exceptional" because not many attain that at old ages,' Willcox said. 'About 11 percent of the cohort at age 85 met that definition. It's pretty impressive.'"

He also said "We can't precisely tell how much is genes and how much is environment in this study, but it appears that stronger people live longer."

I think I'll have tofu for lunch and go to tae kwon do tonight with a smile on my face...

Nords said:
T"Exceptional survival was defined as living to a certain age, 75, 80, 85 or 90, without six major chronic diseases: chronic heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, obstructive pulmonary disease and Parkinson's disease. They also had to be able to walk a half-mile and have good cognitive function. 'It's "exceptional" because not many attain that at old ages,' Willcox said. 'About 11 percent of the cohort at age 85 met that definition. It's pretty impressive.'"
Well that is depressing. I figured on getting to a least 75 with none of the above. If only 11% make it, I am betting against tough odds.

"I think I'll have tofu for lunch and go to tae kwon do tonight with a smile on my face..."

[/quote]

Looks like Locomoco is off the menu now.

Lakewood90712 said:
Man, I can't even look at one of those without getting queasy.

But kal-be with extra kim chee & mac salad-- yum!

Back
Top Bottom