Clearwire wireless high-speed internet

We have Clearwire. We had trouble with cable internet and it was too pricey for the problems we had. So we moved to Clearwire mostly because it was cheaper. They put up a little box that has an antennae and that attaches to your computer. So it is only sort of wireless. To have a wireless network in our house we had to attach a router to the clearwire box and primary computer.

Generally it is fine. We have some problems with signals in our area so we had to put the antennae in a rather inconvenient place. They were nice about coming out and helping with the problems in getting and keeping a signal.

Right now this morning the internet has been really slow and we are trying to puzzle out the problem. But we had the same problem when we had cable.
As I said, most of the time it is just fine. And their customer service, at least locally, has been great.

I've been thinking of trying them, but the marketing material all seems very slick and not very clearly explained.

For example, can I use it when traveling with my laptop, by taking along a modem and plugging it in anywhere that Clearwire is available?

It's from Clearwire's website:

Portable - Internet that you can take with you.

• Go online at home or anywhere in our coverage area.
• Clearwire’s advanced technology has greater range than Wi-Fi
• Transmits signal through the air — not through wires.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom