Neighbor about to turn on the lights

dory36

Early-Retirement.org Founder, Developer of FIRECal
One of my neighbors (3-4 miles away) is about to turn on his Christmas lights for the new season. Last year his display got worldwide attention with this entry: http://tinyurl.com/ykgxpq (His writeup and other sample work is at http://friscochristmas.com/)

(I, on the other hand, have about 6-8 fake candles that go in the windows, a wreath we were guilt-tripped into buying from the Boy Scouts, and an 18" "tree" made in China.)

Look on the bright side -- it'll save you money on electricity for a while. You won't have to turn on your living room lights to read. ;)

We're ducking out to a Lodge at the Grand Canyon this year, so we get to skip the whole tree thing at home!

Some friend of mine moved to Frisco from CA last year and live within walking distance of that house. They shared the link to that display with me last Christmas. They also said it was a zoo in the neighborhood while the display was up.

My kids and I are going to see Trans-siberian Orchestra tonight. We've made it a tradition to see their Christmas concert every year. Their lazer show is great. The song on the video clip is being used everywhere on lighted displays. Love it.

I really love Christmas light displays, it is so wonderfully pagan. Lights against the darkness of winter! I wish people would keep their lights up until the solstice.

Wow, I would love to see that in person. That is really neat!

I have almost the same thing at my house. It's a little different. I don't have any strands of lights or ornaments, but I replaced the two porch lights with a red and green bulb. Then every night I sing Jingle Bells while turning the switch on and off to the music. . . It's magical. :LOL:

Oh sure, it's all fun and games until the 747 hits the roof...

We went to see the house last night since we live about 5 miles away. It was really great! The enterprising neighborhood kids across the street had set up a hot chocolate stand and were going car to car to sell homemade hot chocolate, but it didn't look like they were getting too much business...

Back
Top Bottom