Speed Scanned the Iraq Study Group Report.........

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
:p :p :p :p :p

It was like a punch in the gut. Our options seem limited, but we are spending $1.5 billion a week to be there........... :eek: :eek: :eek:

It suggested working on things with Syria, Iran, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.............while I hope that works out, not sure how it can.

I don't know how I feel about Iraq after reading that.............. :( :confused:

FinanceDude said:
:p :p :p :p :p

It was like a punch in the gut. Our options seem limited, but we are spending $1.5 billion a week to be there........... :eek: :eek: :eek:

It suggested working on things with Syria, Iran, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.............while I hope that works out, not sure how it can.

I don't know how I feel about Iraq after reading that.............. :( :confused:

I did the same, I never felt we needed to attack Iraq. When a country like ours is afraid of a two bit arab dictator I get concerned that we have really lost our persective on things. The 9/11 attacks called for a massive response to find and kill Bin Laden and al zwahiri, in addition to hunt down every last animal that attended the camps in afgahnistan. we had the names after we attacked the taliban. But we dropped the ball, we decided to go after Saddam BECAUSE WE COULD!!

he had no real army, BUT we also let them all go home and never secured the weapons in the country . We believed the guy Chalabi, what a shame.

There are no easy answers right now, I would probably talk with the Iranians and Syrians, Probably start a serious discussion about rebuilding the american railroads, and making sure american cars get over 60 mpg on ethanol and gasoline. Gotta get away from middle eastern oil.

The report, in effect, neutered a president, a spin doctor (rove), and the neo cons, not that there is anything wrong with that. It will be interesting how W reacts to a reality face slap.........Shredder

Shredder said:
The report, in effect, neutered a president, a spin doctor (rove), and the neo cons, not that there is anything wrong with that. It will be interesting how W reacts to a reality face slap.........Shredder

Wait until Congress starts the Mohel act.

FinanceDude said:
It was like a punch in the gut. Our options seem limited

Yep. It consoles me very little that it makes Bush look bad, etc. What do we do now?

youbet said:
Yep. It consoles me very little that it makes Bush look bad, etc. What do we do now?

Maybe just maybe he comes clean and tells us he was misled by incompetent advisors. That haliburton should not get all the contracts to rebuild Iraq and get the Russians and Chinese on board along with the French. He needs to eat the Crow. Otherwise in two years when he is gone he will look as bad as Iraq looks.

FinanceDude said:
It suggested working on things with Syria, Iran, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia.............

Good luck with that.

cover.jpg

They forgot the "cheese eating" part of the phrase. And an attribution to Groundskeeper Willie.

youbet said:

Can you impeach a President for bad judgment?

presidents should serve two terms.

one in office and 1 in prison

mathjak107 said:

Good idea.

But, on a serious note, I find the report troubling. It calls for our soldiers to do "on the job training" of Iraqis. This puts our soldiers out there in greater danger with inexperienced backup and depending on other "soldiers" of dubious loyalty.

It also calls for replacing troops with civilian government employees. This usually would make sense after hostilities but, this time, it is during a period of increasing hostilities. While I see that, for example, a civil engineer might direct an infrastucture project better than some soldiers, I can't see how that civil engineer gets the building done and keeps it from being blown up the day afterwards.

mathjak107 said:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Something made me shudder, thinking of Hillary and "conjugal visits".......... :eek: :eek:

Maybe a new bumper sticker:

"Impeach Bush before the Congress Does"

Back
Top Bottom