It keeps on getting better

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
After being FIREd for a year and a half, it seems the rewards of leaving the working world never end. I left my position at minimegacorp shortly before it was sold (again) and learned today the new owners were also buying one of the two major competitors in the industry.

If you've ever been through the merger of two companies with vastly differing cultures (think oil & water), then you might have some idea of the abject misery those folks have facing them over the next several months. Some employees will keep their jobs and others will be let go. I'm not sure which I would classify as victims and which I would classify as losers. I'm just beyond thankful I'm gone.
Viva Retirement!!!
img_457713_0_b5a4d11c07fe46d6ef303951e2009483.gif

Dog,
Isn't that date coming up soon for you?

REWahoo!
They are still slugging it out in the cesspool I bailed out of. The merger is over 5 years old but many of us are still grousing over the hits we took in the 401K (I got off easy with 250K loss) and years of no raises.

Yes, spring time for me. So there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just so happens the next 3 months is my busiest time at work. :(

Oh Dog,

You will be done just when the new summer grass is sprouting! No PROBLEMO ;)

Coming up on 3 years 1 Jan 07. And I've been thru mergers between mega-corps; I've seen the layoffs and the firings, downsizing, rightsizing, contract terminations and other assorted machinations (stress) . Just couldn't go back, No Sir, just couldn't.

Two years at the end of the month and each day better than the last.

the fortune 5 which used to be on my back re-engineered (their word) years before in vogue so moral had been tossed in the dumper for a while already. then our division got a son-of-a-bitch boss after many years of really good guys. i was getting calls for about a year after i left by those complaining that it was getting even worse and how lucky i was leave. so stupid too because i am certain they did not have to run the company that way. good for all of us who escape that.

I do fill in work and if I was stuck full time might be suicidal.

The big initiative is cutting expenses. As in not getting people the right equipment to do their jobs, while middle management all have company cars.
I went to a meeting for this company a few months ago. When we got back to the hotel every night after a nice dinner the managers put bottles of wine and drinks on their corporate cards and hung in the bar for hours.
Also, today they provided possibly the highest fat and carb meal, breakfast pizza. Lots of bacon, sausage, cheese and ham loaded with eggs on bread crust. I think they could have skipped it.

Hello people. What's wrong with this picture.

Back
Top Bottom