Quick Quicken Question

CaptCurmudgeon

Dryer sheet aficionado
I am setting up Quicken for Mac. What a PITA! Where do you record regular pension 1099R payments? List >>Paychecks? That don't seem right to me. Of course the .PDF user guide has only two references to "pension", neither applicable. Help has never heard of it as does the support website.

Thanks!

Well it really is like a paycheck, in that it's a regular payment of the same amount each month (I assume), so why not enter it as one?

Then you can not only have it automatically entered into the register for whatever account it's going to, but also have it track whatever deductions they take (the split amount function).

Agreed. That is what I do and it works just fine. If you don't like that, create your own category for 'pension payment'.

Thanks. I will look into the pension payment category option as it would keep it separate from regular income, or maybe not and consider it a paycheck as my financial picture is not that complex.

Capt Curmudgeon said:
I am setting up Quicken for Mac. What a PITA! Where do you record regular pension 1099R payments?
You could make up your own income category:subcat and call it
"Pension:Curmudgeon".

I've been using "Salary:Nords" since 1992 and I kept on doing so when I retired. I don't download from any websites or upload to any others (other than investment prices) so it doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom