Jim Webb for President!

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I mostly snoozed through George's State of the Union last night.

Then I heard Jim Webb speak as the designated Democratic responder. I sat right up and listened.

Let's have this guy for President! He makes sense, he is suitably grave, and he not only spoke his words but even wrote them himself! How's that for a step up from any recent President?

Ha

Ya, I thought Bush sounded better in his presentation than usual (not in what he said, but how he delivered, didn't kill the English language) and I have been favoring a Democrat replacement but the two "leading" candidates do not impress me. Webb did. Maybe this should be the guy, articulate and on point on issues and if he wrote it himself, even better.

i haven't listened to bush since i first heard him attempt to construct a sentence about six or seven years ago. he's never on my tv any longer than it takes me to click the remote. thanks for the heads up though. will have to keep an ear out for the jim webb person into the future.

Any bets on how soon we'll hear the dwindling numbers of Bush supporters
denouncing Webb as a coward and a traitor (you know, like John Murtha and
John Kerry) ?

HaHa said:
Then I heard Jim Webb speak as the designated Democratic responder. I sat right up and listened.
Let's have this guy for President! He makes sense, he is suitably grave, and he not only spoke his words but even wrote them himself! How's that for a step up from any recent President?
Brat said:
Jim Webb is absolutely first rate.
BarbaraAnne said:
He was very impressive. I liked what he said and how he said it.
OK, so the guy can talk good. Admittedly that's light-years ahead of the incumbent.

Let's not forget Webb's record of political service from his SECNAV & VA days. Oh, and how about the gender discrimination & sexual assaults he ushered in with his "Why Women Can't Fight" article. I think he has a history of kicking over the chessboard and stomping off in a huff, and I don't think that he'll survive this round of politics any better than he's survived his previous attempts. And that's even before someone sics son of Karl Rove on him.

I don't see the soccer moms coming in here. Nor the vet's vote.

Not that I'm bitter!

No doubt Webb has baggage. That is why we get the hacks and nobodies that we get- no one with stated real opinions can survive the process. In fact, I doubt that the other Dem candidate hopefuls would have let him get this spotlight were it not that he is likely nonviable because he is real.

Ha

Heh, I liked Jesus' General's take on it:

"These are dark days. Tonight, Sen. Jim Webb, the man who destroyed our beloved Sen. Macacawitz, demanded, without regard to Our Leader's Article II superpowers, that The Chosen One end the wars against the Iraqis and the middle class. He then went on to threaten Our Leader that if He fails to act, the Democrats will act in his stead."

3 times married/divorced, some lurid details in his books, etc. I don't hold it against him, but he'd be ripped apart, wouldn't be able to stay on message.

Nords said:
I think he has a history of kicking over the chessboard and stomping off in a huff
Laurence said:
3 times married/divorced,
I missed that one-- I didn't even think to see if he's ever been married!

Man..........the Nov campaign between Jim Webb and George Allen was the sleaziest thing I ever saw....dunno if I could EVER get past that. I was SO RELIEVED they were not running in my state........I felt sorry for the voters having to choose between Sleezy and Sleezier.

I don't know anything about the guy or if I would support him. But his speech was impressive. DW tends to turn up her nose at every political speech by either party. She finds something else to do if I sit down to watch a political debate or speech. But she started walking through the room when Webb started speaking and never got past the couch. When he finished, her comment was, "Someone should run him for President. That's the first speech I've heard that made sense in a long time." I had to agree. :)

I think that is what many who stayed to watch thought.

A candidate with a lot of stinky baggage will not succeed so let's scratch him off the list of potential Presidential, VP candidates. However, Gen. Grant in his day was not much better so I still want to hear his opinions.

Back
Top Bottom