Beers with Laurence

califdreamer

Recycles dryer sheets
Earlier this evening I had the pleasure of meeting my fellow San Diegan Laurence at a local pub for a few rounds of beer. I think it was Rich In Tampa who commented that you usually encounter no real surprises when you meet someone from the board in person for the first time. I believe Rich is certainly correct in this case as Laurence was as friendly, down to earth, smart and funny as he is in his posts.

Anyone else up for an ER forum pub crawl? :D

I think we bandied Carlsbad Village around, but just to warn you, we did a lot of guffawing, so be prepared to attract some attention! ;)

califdreamer is a perfect pub crawl partner, if he can put up with a big mouth like me, he can get along with anybody! :LOL:

Laurence said:
I think we bandied Carlsbad Village around, but just to warn you, we did a lot of guffawing, so be prepared to attract some attention! ;)

califdreamer is a perfect pub crawl partner, if he can put up with a big mouth like me, he can get along with anybody! :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Guffaw, guffaw...

Laurence is a cool guy! I would agree, he's most definitely down to earth and friendly. He has a beautiful family as well :)

Has there ever been any attempt at creating state/local ER groups, for people to get together for social gatherings, etc.? perhaps make a new forum for the state/local ER groups, and have a post for every group. When a group has planned or wants to plan an activity, they post to it and go from there.

I think that's a good idea, maybe for larger states it could be broken up. It would take T-Al two days to get to my house!

My Dream said:
Well I'm in Canada, when are you passing through?

Is it as cold at your place as it is at kumquat's house?

I'm all for picking a time and place in SD/OC and meeting for happy hour.

califdreamer said:
Is it as cold at your place as it is at kumquat's house?

I'm all for picking a time and place in SD/OC and meeting for happy hour.

Ok enlighten me, when the heck is SD/OC?

califdreamer said:
It's like you know cal-speak for San Diego and Orange County.

When are you heading to Carolina?

I have a great new bar to get you a nice cold beer!

This not being in Newark NJ is well Fantastic!

I thought everyone on this earth must know what the OC is. Just shows us So. Cal types shouldn't assume that everyone is in on the know.

Califdreamer I think you left a like out of that sentence. Shouldn't it read

It's like you know like ....

I recently noticed that I have become guilty with overusing "like" in every second sentence. Is the abuse of the word "like" a So. California thing or common to all over California?

I just noticed your ticker, jeez, you are a short timer DM! You need to pick a bar and buy both califdreamer and I a beer!

newguy888 said:
When are you heading to Carolina?

I have a great new bar to get you a nice cold beer!

This not being in Newark NJ is well Fantastic!

Newguy I know you'd be fun to have a beer with :) I think Southwest flies to Raleigh-Durham.... hmmm

DangerMouse said:
I thought everyone on this earth must know what the OC is. Just shows us So. Cal types shouldn't assume that everyone is in on the know.

I recently noticed that I have become guilty with overusing "like" in every second sentence. Is the abuse of the word "like" a So. California thing or common to all over California?

It's easy to fall into. I wonder if newguy is drawling "y'all" in place of "you's guys"?

Laurence said:
I just noticed your ticker, jeez, you are a short timer DM! You need to pick a bar and buy both califdreamer and I a beer!

Now that's the most sensible thing I've heard today!

DangerMouse said:
Sure, it's in Maryland-- "Ocean City".

DangerMouse said:
Dude, like, I think like, you totally have to like, start those sentences with, like, you know, the gnarly word "dude". Like that. Dude.

Fo' real, brah.

DangerMouse said:

Here in The City, we'd say its somewhere west of the Hudson. Out past New Jersey. But why would anyone go there?

Back
Top Bottom