Votes: 5 13.2%
  • A pretty flower

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters

wabmester

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
dispersionls5.jpg

Edit: image borrowed from Dimson's latest report on global returns: pdf link

I see someone with too much time on their hands...

I see that it takes >30 years to get the bottom of the lowest decile above the TIPs guaranteed return.

Ha

HaHa said:
I see that it takes >30 years to get the bottom of the lowest decile above the TIPs guaranteed return.

It's actually more like 40 years, but who's counting? :)

That was the first thing I looked at, which makes me a bear I think. But the long-term downside risk is small, and I think this chart makes a great case for going with 100% stocks during accumulation.

Interesting tidbits from the report: forward-looking risk premium is estimated at 3-3.5%; VIX is at an all-time low, so portfolio protection is cheap, but back-testing portfolio protection didn't look too good.

BTW, the picture is of UK return dispersion.

Somewhat akin to a boar's. I'd borrow one to try for a few weekends if it were possible. Some curious lady would likely assent.

Ha

HaHa said:
Somewhat akin to a boar's. I'd borrow one to try for a few weekends if it were possible. Some curious lady would likely assent.

Ha

You made me google boar's penis.

I need to get up off this couch!

HaHa said:

Ha

You could also say ~99% of the time your equity returns will be better then TIPs over 30 years.

It looks like the top of the bottom quartile crosses somewhere around 2% after 10-years. So you could also say that 75% of the time equities do better than TIPs after 10-years.

3 Yrs to Go said:
You could also say ~99% of the time your equity returns will be better then TIPs over 30 years.

It looks like the top of the bottom quartile crosses somewhere around 2% after 10-years. So you could also say that 75% of the time equities do better than TIPs after 10-years.

You are right; that's why it is a Rorschach Test. :)

Ha

Back
Top Bottom