I'm 51 y.o., female, state employee with 30 yrs state service

Confused about dryer sheets
I want to go home more than anything else I can think of right now. I am absolutely not FI. Very few investments. State retirement annuity minus health insurance won't buy groceries. Hubby is also state employee, but happy to stay on the job for a few more years.

Welcome to the board, 82577.

Everyone has to start someplace, and this board is a good place to get a start. There have been quite a few threads about dealing with work, the boss, the commute, and so on. What aspect of the situation do you want to take a look at?

82577 said:
I want to go home more than anything else I can think of right now. I am absolutely not FI. Very few investments. State retirement annuity minus health insurance won't buy groceries. Hubby is also state employee, but happy to stay on the job for a few more years.

Hi, and welcome. I am a federal employee and I know what you mean about the retirement annuity being so low. At least you have some investments, so you are ahead of where I was at age 51. If you have a 401K anything like our federal TSP, you can make a lot of progress by contributing the maximum to that (and working on eliminating any debt as well). At any rate, you are in the right place and I hope you enjoy the Early Retirement Forum.

Back
Top Bottom