They're Watching and Listening

John Tuttle

Recycles dryer sheets
Interesting article in the Seattle Times today

[url]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003658336_brier09.html
[/url]

about a company called Visible Technologies

http://www.visibletechnologies.com/

Some quotes from the article

You've probably never heard of Visible Technologies.

But if you're participating in social networks, commenting on blogs or sharing your opinion on the Web, it's heard of you.

Visible is monitoring every place that people can submit comments online and copying the conversations into a massive database.

Discussions are mapped, influential people are identified and Visible's software then helps clients engage in the conversations or directly contact the influencers.

If a blogger badmouths the Hummer, for instance, the system could notify GM. Within the console, a PR person can draft a response, inserting key points, then get approval to post or e-mail the nettlesome blogger.

Clients pick an "author" or opt for anonymity. Visible also has a virtual army — thousands of personas registered with online forums.

OK, fess up! Which of you are covering this board for Vanguard?

John Tuttle said:
Visible is monitoring every place that people can submit comments online and copying the conversations into a massive database.
Discussions are mapped, influential people are identified and Visible's software then helps clients engage in the conversations or directly contact the influencers.
Upon further thought, this strikes me as a really good idea.

Instead of having to wait in the "Customer Service" hold queue, I could vent my spleen share my concerns here on this board and then all I'd have to do is wait for the retailer's QA Tiger Team to make everything right!

Hey, Epson! Yeah, I'm talkin' to you! Your Stylus CX4800 color inkjet printers-- both of them-- are pieces of junk that didn't last a year!! Are you going to do something to make me able to print with all four cartridges again, or am I going to have to upgrade to another manufacturer's color laser?!?

Seems to me that they are going to a lot of trouble when all they have to do is start answering the phones again.

Back
Top Bottom