Some of the best memories of my LIFE were created TONIGHT! Sports fans....

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am currently debating whether or not this night has trumped my ONE-TIME shot at seeing Michael Jordan play live, at his home court, after a comeback, sick, to score about 50 points and get his team a W.

I was at the Cleveland Cavs game tonight...I'm a season ticket holder...and have tickets for the whole playoffs. The night started out great because we were greeted by the funniest, nicest, and prettiest bartender I've ever met. We have met her once before....at our regular restaurant which we visit before every game. It was her first night...our first cavs game....and we got all of her messed up drinks...it was a blast. Anyhow, she was there again....just got re-hired and given a second chance because she's so fun to be around....so that was super...

BUT ON TO THE SPORTS

The energy inside the "Q" was magnificent...I couldnt even hear the fireworks go off IN A CLOSED BUILDING because the crowd was sooooo crazy. Lots of beautiful women, beautiful plays, and the liquor was flowing. I sat next to my season ticket holder neighbor...of course.....and the comraderie is unreal. We're giving high fives to everyone around us...old men are dancing to the music...I lost my voice from screaming so often and so loud. And best of all....we WON!

BUT THEN we were leaving the arena....walking past Jacob's Field (home of the Indians) where my first ever playoff memories were created (1995). Sure enough, a crowd was gathering in Albert's Alley (Albert Belle used to park homers there every game it seemed...GATE A)....rowdy, drunk Cavs fans with a nice view of the game!!!

I got there at the top of the ninth, all tied up 7-7....and the crowd was WILD. We were chanting, hollering, hooting, slamming on the gates, screaming "LET US IN!" in unison etc. IN the park was only maybe 4,000 fans !!It was pathetic. Soon enough,I turned around to see about 30 Cleveland officers lined up...batons out, ready to rock and roll.

Anyhow, the tribe was up, BOTTOM OF THE TENTH, man on 3rd....FULL COUNT (I think)...and Johnny Peralta bats in the runner for another Cleveland victory!! Same night, same sports complex....two fantastic games.

The combination of the playoff win, extra inning game winning hit, the atmosphere, the women, the emotions, the electricity, the comraderie, etc all hit home today.

WHAT A NIGHT is all I kept saying... WHAT A NIGHT

I've been thinking about last night all day... and maaaaaan oh man do I wish my son could have been there with me...although I think you'd need to be a 'seasoned' sports fan to realize how cool it really was....

Dont live in Cleveland anymore. But we used to goto Richfield and watch the Cavs play. Back when Mark Price and Larry Nance etc. Always loved going to the Tribe games back at the old stadium. Cleveland sports fans sure do love their team.

I saw 2 Redsox - Yankees games last weekend. Dice-KKKKKKKK. Back-back-back-back homeruns and a sweep of the yankees. It took 2+ hrs after I got into bed to sleep - too pumped up. The atmosphere at fenway is amazing and the stadium was shaking all the time - all 9 innnings.

-h

Mwsinron said:
Dont live in Cleveland anymore. But we used to goto Richfield and watch the Cavs play. Back when Mark Price and Larry Nance etc. Always loved going to the Tribe games back at the old stadium. Cleveland sports fans sure do love their team.

My favorite cleveland team is the cleveland orchestra. a world class bunch,

mh said:
My favorite cleveland team is the cleveland orchestra. a world class bunch,

Yep listened to them one time for a Christmas concert. Really well done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom