I love working...

vortex

Confused about dryer sheets
but I love not working even more! :D

Hi all. Been lurking here for about a year...excellent forum! I'm 38 and Just passed the 15 year mark as a Fed (Meteorologist actually, I'm ducking now). Looking to be ready to RE in 10 years should an early out opportunity arise. We have no debt other than our mortgage, and save 25-30% of our gross. Based on our current balances, expected pensions, and the tools and advice available from this forum, we've got a real good chance.

Welcome to the board, Vortex. Sounds like you're doing fine with your forecasting planning.

Hey, I'm married to a meteorologist. I've heard 'em all.

From one Fed to another...Welcome! There are several of us around here. I work for DOD (Air Force), and am also a reservist. I'll be retiring in a little over 5 years under the old CSRS system, with just a hair under 36 years at that time. Sounds like maybe you're taking advantage of the TSP. See ya around! :D

Marty

vortex said:
but I love not working even more! :D

Hi all. Been lurking here for about a year...excellent forum! I'm 38 and Just passed the 15 year mark as a Fed (Meteorologist actually, I'm ducking now). Looking to be ready to RE in 10 years should an early out opportunity arise. We have no debt other than our mortgage, and save 25-30% of our gross. Based on our current balances, expected pensions, and the tools and advice available from this forum, we've got a real good chance.

Do it it is wonderful quiting early!

Hey are you one of the moderators of a weather forum? Its wet dawg here.

Back
Top Bottom