Know any cheap/safe travel lodging?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My son is going to have to visit Dallas for a few months with a small 15 lb. dog soon, and am wondering if anyone can recommend a decent, cheap, safe place he could stay for an extended length of time? If he cannot let the dog in the room, Rover could probably be trained to sleep in the car.
Are there any chains that you travelers would suggest that are clean, cheap, safe to stay in throughout America?
I know I stayed three years ago at a La Quinta near O'Hare/Chicago for over thirty days. Cost about $1,800, which is really cheap when you do the math. Rooms were roomy, big bath area and tolerable; at least, the tv and cable worked great. Anyway, something on that order is what he is looking for.
Tried alot of the travel sites, and am sending emails to get catalogs of different places (someone suggested Super8?); but figure the travel experts on this board know all?

The July Consumer Reports rates hotels - available at your library. Best of cheapies are Microtel, Extended Stay America, Red Roof...

He must get a place that will allow pets. In the Dallas heat, the dog will die if left in a car.

Last edited:
Look for a Studio 6. Owned by Motel 6 but newer and nicer, they have small, full kitchens and the one in Tucson was cheaper if you stayed over a week. Unfortunately, there are only about 40 of them nationwide.

Back
Top Bottom