Healthcare expense modeling spreadsheet?

BD1

Confused about dryer sheets
Does anyone know where I can download a healthcare modeling spreadsheet? I would like to plug in various premium, coverage limits, deductibles and model what would be the best plan under different assumptions of medical expenses.

I have looked around the web and have not found anything.

Thanks.

One of my favorite websites on insurance is sponsored by Georgetown University at Health Insurance Consumer Guides. REWahoo pointed out to me not long ago that Georgetown now has a booklet on its site entitled Understanding Private Health Insurance. The booklet helps you evaluate different polices. http://www.healthinsuranceinfo.net/nefe/Understand_Private_Health_Insurance.pdf

Page 12 of the booklet has a worksheet to complete for each policy you review to assist in comparing policies.

It is especially good in describing rights you have when navigating health insurance transistions, such as going from a group policy to an individual policy when you retire.

Does anyone know where I can download a healthcare modeling spreadsheet? I would like to plug in various premium, coverage limits, deductibles and model what would be the best plan under different assumptions of medical expenses.

I have looked around the web and have not found anything.

Thanks.

I actually have one that I created for comparing a traditional copay plan to an HSA. I think I still have it. If you send me your email, I'll send it to you.

Martha, thanks!
mykidslove dogs, also thanks! and I sent you a pm

Click here for the XLS worksheet that I used a few years ago. It's very simple (disclaimer:and may have mistakes). You put in your premiums and a range of expenditures, and it shows you how much each of the two plans would cost.

For example, in this case if you had medical expenses of $4,500, the 2500 deductible plan would cost you $292 more than the 5000 deductible.
Spreadsheet.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom