How to Find a Subject?

packrat44

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
near Canadian border and near Mexican border
I just found Early Retirement Forum yesterday and I like it. However, if you have a subject you want to find that may have been discussed in prior threads, such as how to find a good financial adviser, how do you find it? It is not practical to attempt to look at every thread posted.

That's what the 'search' option is for. Though finding something on a 'good' financial advisor might be hopeless. FinanceDude should be along shortly to commiserate with you.

That's what the 'search' option is for. Though finding something on a 'good' financial advisor might be hopeless. FinanceDude should be along shortly to commiserate with you.

Be nice...............:D:D

I just found Early Retirement Forum yesterday and I like it. However, if you have a subject you want to find that may have been discussed in prior threads, such as how to find a good financial adviser, how do you find it? It is not practical to attempt to look at every thread posted.

Well, yopu stumbled upon the DIY board of investing, so you might have a hard time finding the info you want............;)

A terrorist seized a plane full of financial analysts this morning.

He's threatening to release one per hour until his demands are met.

Priceless...........but an analyst would be brewer, not me.........:D:D

Packrat 44, Do not start the I'll take my SS later/Sooner debate again. That topic has been discussed to great lenghts. No need to revisit...........

So, a plane with 3 financial advisors crashed in the ocean, and ended up in front of the pearly gates for a showdown with St. Peter.

St.Peter asked the 1st one why he should get into heaven and he said he had done his best to help others, etc. St. Peter was not amused, and he sent the man away.

St. Peter asked the 2nd one why he should get into heaven, and the man said he had always gone to church, given a lot to the community, and run a clean book of business. St. Peter smiled, but sent the man away.......

St. Peter turned to the 3rd advisor and asked why he should get into heaven. The advisor looked at him and said: "So I can hang around and show you how to maximize your heavely investments". He waslet into heaven.

Moral of the story? We are all salesman, even to St.Peter............

I thought that it meant - There's a sucker born every minute. Or did I convert a P.T. Barum?

Suckers are where you find them. Heck even the ding dongs at Vanguard when I run my portfolio analysis with 100% Target Retirement give me advice. So there's a 'simple solution' sooo's we don't need no stinking advice and after you buy - they still give advice cause they feel impelled to say something.

A good line of bull/social noise is to be admired - hope ST. Pete didn't pay a lot for his muffler - I mean social noise.

heh heh heh heh

So are you suggesting that [-]an annuity[/-] financial advice is sold, not bought?

Am I the only one appreciating the irony behind a financial advisor telling jokes about a financial advisor who can't stop selling even when he's achieved his own spiritual goals?

So are you suggesting that [-]an annuity[/-] financial advice is sold, not bought?

Am I the only one appreciating the irony behind a financial advisor telling jokes about a financial advisor who can't stop selling even when he's achieved his own spiritual goals?

So much for levity on here..........:p

Submarine guys DO have a sense of humor, right?? :)

Back
Top Bottom