Any buyers of foreign currency?

Florida

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm trying to find out the best way to take X amount of US Dollars and purchase the equilivent in Argentina Pesos, Thai Bhat, and Brazil Real.
Everbank does not offer such CD's.

Has anyone had any experience in exchanging curreny and holding the foreign currency in an interest bearing account for speculation.

I made a rather large chunk of change, buying euros when they first came out (Im sure alot will think this is wierd, but go go Bible future knowledge!), normally a local bank can do it, and you can just hold on to the currency in a normal account or CD, then change it back to dollars when it does really well.

I made a rather large chunk of change, buying euros when they first came out (Im sure alot will think this is wierd, but go go Bible future knowledge!), normally a local bank can do it, and you can just hold on to the currency in a normal account or CD, then change it back to dollars when it does really well.

Bigritchie, any ideas of which banks do this?

1st Tennesse did mine, I would think they still do it.

I am sure nations bank would too since they are all over the world, or you could just open a account with a British or Swiss bank, do a currency exchange, and then just put the new cash in a CD. I would think the big brokerages could do it too. I just bought a 100k of Euros back in the day when it was worth alot less then the dollar, put them in a CD, and then watched it kick the dollars rear over the past few years and recently sold em in prep for retirement.

I'm trying to find out the best way to take X amount of US Dollars and purchase the equilivent in Argentina Pesos, Thai Bhat, and Brazil Real.
Everbank does not offer such CD's.

Has anyone had any experience in exchanging curreny and holding the foreign currency in an interest bearing account for speculation.

Nope. I get plenty of currency exposure via unhedged foreign funds.

How about a little triangular currency arbitrage?? :D

Back
Top Bottom