Anyone compensated yet for the Menu Foods pet food recall?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was contacted by their firm representing them in April, gave my info, and never heard a word since. Their website states that they are under a gagorder mandated by federal courts...they cant communicate directly with pet owners about compensation til it's removed.

my own research shows this to be a lie. here's a brief explanation posted by a law firm involved in the case:

" Based on what we were being told, we came to the conclusion that Menu Foods was not acting in good faith to compensate the people it damaged. Rather, it appears that the company was engaging in a cynical strategy, designed to settle some the strongest claims cheaply and induce pet owners to give up information it might be able to use to defend against others. Along with a group of other plaintiffs’ attorneys, we were able to negotiate a strong consent decree with Menu Foods, which the court subsequently entered

First, it has made statements suggesting that a federal court has ordered it to stop communicating with the public. That is a half-truth at best. The consent decree was entered into voluntarily by Menu Foods, and only after significant evidence of improper conduct had been provided to the court. Menu could have declined to enter into the decree and forced a decision by the court. It did not do so."

Is anyone else dealing with these people? my vet bill was near $1k when it was said and done, and i want my money back!

"

My vet bills are now over $7,000 for my german shepherd puppy.
At this time, I have been advised by my attorney, NOT to talk about actions I am taking against the company, since;

A) It is unusual
B) They'll be caught by surprise.
C) It will REALLY hurt and stagger them.
D) I will create a website, once we have "completed our task" to urge others to follow e-x-a-c-t-l-y- what I did.

--As far as the so called "gag order":
-The "gag order" applies ONLY to people involved in the Class Action Suit already filed in Federal Court in New Jersey, near where Menu is located. But, it is NOT a total "gag order" as Menu Pet Foods claims.

I have obtained the court transcripts and the actual order and it SPECIFICALLY says, Menu (et al) are barred from talking to PLAINTIFFS in the suit already filed.

However, Menu CAN talk to those people, thru their attorneys. (There is no gag order)
So when Menu "claims" they cannot talk to customers, they are lying.

They CAN talk to ANYONE who is NOT a plaintiff in the ALREADY FILED case in Federal Court in New Jersey.
If you are not in that case, they CAN talk to you.
If you ARE in that case, they CAN talk to you, but ONLY thru your attorney.

In other words, Menu, which took actions to force the judge to issue the "gag order" now is using the gag order to shield themselves from talking to ANYONE.

This is akln to an arsonist, who burned down his own house, asking for mercy from the court because he is homeless.

Finally, it should be noted that Menu, has "set aside" $ 40-million for payments to pet owners.

And finally, it must be remembered that the chairman of Menu is under federal investigation in Canada, for SELLING 300,000 shares of Menu Stock, BEORE the recall was announced and AFTER Menu was informed of problems.

A classic example of insider trading of Menu Food stock.

At the time he sold his shares, Menu was trading at around $15.00 (Fifteen-Dollars)
Now it is trading for less than $4.00 (Four-Dollars)

I fully expect that all the folks involved in killing and/or making our pets sick, will pay the full consequences of their actions.

Remember: Never, Ever, P*ss Off a Pet Person.

Last edited:
Has anybody else noticed several product recalls lately (this was one, AMO's recall of "complete" contact lens solutions was another, another was some children's toy the exact details of which I don't recall now) - were tied to Chinese outsourcing?

It seems that some companies are learning that the total cost of ownership of such outsourcing may not be so attractive after all...after all, American attorneys and court settlements are expensive enough to overwhelm the difference between $10/hour labor and $1/hour labor, even WITH the falling dollar !!!

Of course I could be reading the data wrong, if indeed virtually ALL manufacturing is now done over there, then of course ANY recalls which occur could be attributed to Chinese outsourcing ... but its just interesting to me that several companies lately have lost their entire brand reputation over this ...

Back
Top Bottom