Spam alert - Luxupurse: Fashion update

F M All

Recycles dryer sheets
Both jj and I have received a PM from Luxupurse entitled Fashion update which is just an advert for handbags.
What is going on? Is this a new revenue stream? Has the board reached another new low?

:rant::rant:

Me too. Banning NOW!

On edit: This user has been banned and no, this is not some new form of revenue. It's spam - the cyber equivalent of unwanted phone solicitations during dinner!

I got one too. Here it is.

Fashion Update
Luxury Purses and Accessories on sales: removed link email:removed link

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a PM from this creature and will not alllow me to pM back..so excuse me while I send the message here:

Die scum!

luxupurse said:
Luxury Purses and Accessories on sales: link removed email: link removed
555265200778115223950.jpg
272673200778151515349.jpg
319649200778221428292.jpg
4882952007711225842381.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I got that, too. I deleted the PM.

If you get spam with links: Please don't click on the links. You may be taken to a site with harmful tracking tools. Do not respond to any embedded e-mail links as the spammer then can use the reply function to send more spam.

Once a user has been banned, they can no longer access their PM box and in this case hopefully the mail they sent has also been wiped.

I got one too, dated today at 5:47am. But there was no PM in my message box so perhaps this is fading out. Darn and I was so looking forward to showing off my new purse to my DW :D.

Les

Got one too...at least notification in my email...pm gone...nice work, forum admins

I got one too. Does this happen often? Perhaps there could be some controls put in, like limiting the number of PMs you can send in some set period of time, at least for new members? Just a suggestion. I know stopping spam is tougher than it seems. It's good to know that PMs go away when a user is deleted like Janet did, maybe that's good enough. Thanks!

I got one too. Does this happen often? Perhaps there could be some controls put in, like limiting the number of PMs you can send in some set period of time, at least for new members? Just a suggestion. I know stopping spam is tougher than it seems. It's good to know that PMs go away when a user is deleted like Janet did, maybe that's good enough. Thanks!

It is possible to place more limits on messaging but it's a double edged sword. Currently, you can only cc 5 folks at once, per message. Reducing that number would most likely frustrate many members, myself included. It's also possible to increase the elapsed time between PM sends, but again that has drawbacks as well. Currently, it's set at 60 seconds.

Spam is a daily annoyance and just as we figure out how to stop spammers, they find new ways to infest the ether.

I take some small bit of solace in the fact they probably have really low job satisfaction.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom