Retirement and Marriage

Milton

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
"Although there are lots of adjustments to be made, the divorce rate among retired couples is only in the single digits. In fact, 60% of couples report that there is (ultimately) an improvement in their marriage after retirement."

Retirement And Marriage - Forbes.com

"Although there are lots of adjustments to be made, the divorce rate among retired couples is only in the single digits. In fact, 60% of couples report that there is (ultimately) an improvement in their marriage after retirement."
I've always thought that the focus should be on survival rates & life expectancies... and on how many of the spouses went (back) to work when the first one retired.

I've always thought that the focus should be on survival rates & life expectancies... and on how many of the spouses went (back) to work when the first one retired.
Not just whether the surviving spouse went back to work, but *why*. Was it out of financial necessity (i.e. loss of pension/SS income) or because they became bored living alone and needed something to pass the time?

Back
Top Bottom