Car/Truck Transport

Bikerdude

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anybody have experience with a car transport company? I need to move a pickup truck with a motorcycle in the bed from Atlanta, GA to CT. I had an accident and had to fly home leaving the truck/bike behind.:(

Do you know anyone at a local auto dealer? They might be able to put you in touch with a reputable service. My friend does this in the Phoenix area, he flies to Vegas and drives a car back for a dealer. He is licensed, insured and bonded.

Bikerdude--do you remember how this went? Any more recent experiences with car transport companies? My boss wants to buy an old truck that is in MO and have it shipped to SC.
Thanks!

I had my SRX (used, purchased from a Cadillac dealer in Detroit via EBay Auto) delivered right to my home (in Eastern PA), via a firm they used for inter-dealer inventory transfers.

I cost $500 (same as delivery on some new cars from the factory/port to the dealer).

No problem at all. You could check with a local dealer to see what company they use for such inter-dealer transfers over long distance.

I used these guys for quotes/contacts.

Nation Wide Auto Transport Services - You Set the Cost.com

Essentially, trucks do not want to travel empty so if they are in your area on the dates you want you will get the best price. If you are flexable on the date that is also a plus for price as is being close to a major interstate.

These guys deal with over 1000 truckers to get you the best deal. I was happy. Good luck!

Around 1978 I drove an "autodriveaway" car from Michigan to San Diego. That is:
I signed up, and when a car was ready, I put my stuff in it and drove away.

The car looked like this:

images

The trunk was full of the owner's stuff, so I was tightly packed, including a cat. I was very conscientious and followed all the rules (there were many rules), but I'm sure that not all drivers are.

That is an awesome looking ride, T-Al! Love it!

I contacted the folks Bikerdude used and the owner has already emailed me back. I had to hunt for his email address, as the website sucks! :)

It is a restoration project my boss wants, an old Forest Service Kaiser M715 built in 1968. I think his wife might kill him, but I'm happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom